Front bumper dent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Ram 1500 4x4 SLT
Engine
So when I bought my truck the PO's had ran into something up front. So teh lower half of teh front bumper is slightly bent in with a divot right behind the front license plate bracket.

The distance is enough that you can readily see it when viewing from the side. And the plate bracket covers the divot, but it's just so damn annoying to me. So today I slid underneath and using a length of wooden fence railing and my jack I braced the wood right on to of the divot and proceeded to jack my bumper.. lol.

I applied as much pressure as I was comfortable with then backed off. The bit that I did actually re-bent the steel outward but only marginally.

Has anyone done something similar? The divot isn't that big so I dont think I could pop it back out or anything. But tonight Im going to try once more.. just to get it a bit more moved out, trying not to press my luck.

OP
OP
S

Skeer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Ram 1500 4x4 SLT
Engine
Kinda surprised I got zero feedback on this. Anyway I was able to 'reform' so to speak, that dent and ease the entire lower half outward just a bit. I did not want to apply too much pressure and cause some sort of catastrophic reversal so I played it safe. it's not 100% but good enough for me.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad it worked out. I've never personally done that but it sounds like it should work fine as long as not too much pressure is applied

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am confused, why did the person who dented it not pay to have it fixed. Oh Merry Christmas and me loves Montana.

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
I used a come-along to straighten the front bumper on my 01Ram. I used a towing strap, chain and an 18" dia fir stump in the yard to straighten my bumper. It didn't come out perfect, but it doesn't bother me anymore, and it didn't cost me a cent.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio