Got a sweet valentines day present from johnny law today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
They got me today....

As I was pulling back onto campus a trooper pulled me over for my tail light tint and window tint..
He metered my tint and to my surprise the front windows were 2% and rear windows were........well the meter didnt go low enough to show what the actual percentage was, it said .00 which means its somewhere between .00 and .01 :roflsquared:

The legal limit in fl is 28%...
so heres my delima, 1. pay the $116 ticket and keep the window tint and sell the tails and get led tails (most reasonable option)
2. Strip the tint and tails and pay a "discounted ticket", he said somewhere around $30, and pay for new legal tint :flipthebird:
3. Fight the ticket cause the cop said if you have a medical excuse you can have the tint that low. He gave me an example of having skin cancer or something similar....well, the truck is under my parents name still and my mom does have skin cancer... :hmm:

heres some shots of my tint and tail lights just for those who havent seen them

9unml4.jpg

51q6ba.jpg

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
You can get a note from her Doc to keep in your truck because you drive her around. Even if you dont you can get it written as that. The tails will deff need to be swapped.

Requiem478

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn I've been rolling around like that in my charger for 4 months now and none of the cops around here seem to care, that sucks though op, and if your mom ever rides in that truck just tell them to screw off because she's got skin cancer.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I will get you a note ... im a DR .

OP
OP
Ram Man

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
It took 2 years for me to get caught with my tint and tail lights..
and rh, im sure you are haha :********:

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Yep, get a note. Just don't tell them you are legally blind....

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Wow that sucks for you all... Here in Oklahoma they don't care about tinted windows or tails, so I might get some darker tint myself :D

OP
OP
Ram Man

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Thats what I thought here too...it took them 2 years to pull me, matter of fact it was the same officer that pulled my sister 2 years ago, when I didnt have my truck and rode with her...

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Around here the FHP seem to enforce the tint laws more than city and county law enforcement. Anytime I hear about someone getting cited for tint it's always FHP writing the citation.

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Get a note from your moms dr and you will be good to go and won't have to pay a thing.

OP
OP
Ram Man

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
I hope that will work, thanks guys

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i didnt know campus cops did all that....

its not a simple note from the doctor, you have to have a note from the MD and then apply with the state (usually DOTD) and they send you a permit. Generally its for a sun allergy, extreme photosensitivity, or the most common one is light induced headaches.

that still doesnt get you unlimited tint privileges. In my state its 10 or 15% I think with a permit. AND you still have to fix the tails. I would pay the ticket, get the VHT off yours and just do 1/2 the coats. New tint costs more than the $80 in difference

OP
OP
Ram Man

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
It wasnt campus, it was a trooper.
And I didnt know all of that about the permit, thanks for the info. You saved me a big hassle for nothing basically.

But I am keeping the tint and gettin rid of the tails.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
damn that **** is DARK!!! I'm shocked you went 2 years before getting caught. don't get me wrong it looks great, but tint that dark is one more reason for the popo's to pull you over. I have 20% all around on my car and I'm still afraid of getting pulled over...LOL

OP
OP
Ram Man

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
I know what you mean, just one more reason to be thinking, throttle or brakes if you see him in your rear view :D

mitchman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Having tails that dark is dumb IMO. I would not tint mine at all. Around here, everyone drives like an *******, and it's only a matter of time before somebody smashes into the back of your truck while not paying attention, but then they try and blame it on the fact they couldn't see your pitch black tails.