head light replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thumper38

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 05 1500and what to replace the headlight assembly with angel eyes. how far is the light quality with led angel eyes. what are the pros and cons. thanks.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
I can answer this one. I am currently working on replacing my headlights with some very custom ones. I got all my parts through Retro Shop. Jeremy is very knowledgeable on the subject and can fix you up with some nice lights. The main differences between regular LeD's, CCFL's, and SMD rings are their brightness and how long they will last. LeD's are not very brightand will not last long at all. The SMD's though will last up to 50000 hours.
Durability the SMD's are the most durable out of the bunch with the CCFL being the most fragile. LeD's depends upon the quality that you get. I recommend that you go SMD or if the price is too high CCFL's. Hooking them up can take a bit of creativity. But they only have 2 wires positive and negative. With my project I will be making a harness to be able to switch the halo's on and off from the cab instead of with the lights.
Here is a link to both Retro Shop and my project:

Retro Shop Online Store

http://www.ramforum.com/f48/new_headlights-38419/

Good luck with your project.

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let JJ set you up with everything you need. He's a great guy, prices are fair, and customer service is AWESOME!

I got my hid kit and projectors from him and love it, I'll never go back to halogen!

OP
OP
T

thumper38

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thanks i will check him out.

tmitbyh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
When I purchased my 2006 it had a set of aftermarket headlights installed with the angel eyes, LEDS, and projectors. I've attached a photo as well of them for reference.

I did not care for them. The installation looked to be really easy as it was plug and play with the stock harness, which I was glad I didn't have to solder in the stock plugs when I removed them, and the LEDs just needed power ran to them. They did not project/throw light very well, in my opinion. I tried different bulbs as well with nothing to my liking. I ended up replacing them with a set of OE SRT style ones, basically stock with black housings, and they threw light a lot better. Right now I am running PIAA Extreme White Plus bulbs in both the headlights and the fog lights. The fog lights alone throw more light than the projectors did honestly.

I'd love to try out some of the LED bulbs that are out there but I am not ready to drop $300 on just the fog light bulbs to see if I like them just yet. I also don't trust the LED bulbs that you find on eBay given the price.

Attachments

• 00G0G_k1rLilE2g7n_1200x900.jpg
    00G0G_k1rLilE2g7n_1200x900.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 46