Headlight suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have been thinking about getting some different headlights, but I am not sure what I want. I want something that is made well, not cheap ebay ****. I don't really like HIDs because I hate being blinded by them and I don't want to deal with flickering/ballast issues that seem to happen with everyone. I want something clean looking, but different than stock. I like halos on some headlights, when done cleanly.

So basically I want something that has the quality and looks that it COULD have been OEM, but isn't.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Oh I have plenty of ideas..........LOL

You know if you do projectors for the HIDs you don't have that issue right? And the right company - no flickering BS either!

OP
OP
glass3222

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh I have plenty of ideas..........LOL

You know if you do projectors for the HIDs you don't have that issue right? And the right company - no flickering BS either!

Let hear some ideas (and see if you have pics). I saw your 4gen headlights and I like then, as well as the ones you did for jay. I like that clean look that you don't notice, but you look twice because something is just a little different than stock.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
you can do a simple setup with clear corners, chrome projectors (shrouds that is) and even put angel eyes on the shrouds (I'm not a fan......but to each their own).

The only question I have out to the dude I get my HIDs from - is how the Bixenon works in the older Rams. There would need to be a wiring harness for it, which kinda bites. But, its doable.

here's an idea:

nz%2B2003%2Bdodge%2Bram%2B1500%2Btl%2Bminigun%2B01.jpg

and man........that dude wrecked those lights. Look at the black top - the seam. holy cow he mutilated them things!

OP
OP
glass3222

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I kinda like the looks of those, but like you pointed out those are jack up on the top. I want something that is clean and professional looking. I would also like more or less plug'n'play. I can do the wiring, and splice stuff, but I don't know if I want to do that with my headlights. That and my truck is my DD, so I cannot have it without lights for a day because I screwed something up or could not figure out how to wire something.

The angel eyes are something I am up in the air about. I have seen some that I like, and others that I do not. Most that I like are the thinner type, I think by AAC???? But I have only seen them for the 06+ not the headlights like mine.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
yeah, those look even worse than the first set I ever did. EEK!

I am sure there is a way to get it set up with a wiring harness, so it would be easier, but not sure.

AAC makes halos......and holy cow, they want 200 bucks for a set! Just for the halos!

OP
OP
glass3222

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was looking at AAC's website, they are not exactly what I was thinking.

If you think of anything else for my 05 headlights let me know.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
What's wrong with eBay lights? I love mine. I could have painted my stockers but I wanted the clear corners. Add projectors paint how you want or leave it chrome and call it done

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can have projectors without HIDs ya know : )

Black Hemi Demon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet thread. I'm also looking to getting some headlights soon but the thing is that I want some halos but I hate well actually don't really like that the halos for the 02-05 they make are really small. I wish i could get some that have huge halos like the 06-08, Those are so sweeeeet. I want me some like those. Is it possible to do that Jeremy? Like make the halos bigger on 02-05 headlights?

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright, as JJ knows I have the bug to change my headlights up bad so here is what I would do. Know I know you prolly don't want a couple of the things. I would probably take a stock set and crack them open. I would take the amber completely out of them and spray the turn signal bowl black and get a brighter bulb to account. The headlight bowl would get a coat or two of night shades, so It still relfected, but not as much. Then I would install some of the projecters that JJ showed me with the shrouds painted black. Basically Raiders lights but in a 3rd gen. Possibly the headlight bowl wouldn't get anything so that now one would really pay attention to it, but I'm not sure.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
hey cody if you had projectors you wouldnt need the bowl to reflect at all, black that ***** out, and paint the shroud black. thats my plan, all black lights- minus the projector lens and the clear reflector

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I want to do that, but the only thing I'm thinking about right now is keeping the 5-0 from poking around. If the whole head is blacked out I think they'll give me problems, if I leave that reflective I think they'll eave it alone. But yeah, that what I want to do

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
eBay lights are ok, but eBay projector lights (made by some Chinese 5 year old) suck.

I don't think you can put bigger halos in the 02-05 lights, there just isn't room to fit 'em! :D

Cody, black 'em out dude. Jay's turned out so nice...........that I almost didn't send them to him. LOL (he'd kill me though!). Jay's turned about a LOT nicer than mine (talking about the internals and seal, etc). The black really set it off.

Keep the ideas flowing. I love it!

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah his lights are sick, and I think they would look great on mine, I'm just still not sure.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
ok take out the reflector. paint the whole housing and shroud black. then mask off the orange reflector to where the little wedge in the middle is covered. then paint the top and bottom black and reinsert. then you will have a little orange stripe. you could even throw a coat or two of night shades on it. that would be bad ass

Last edited:

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
ok take out the reflector. paint the whole housing and shroud black. then mask off the orange reflector to where the little wedge in the middle is covered. then paint the top and bottom black and reinsert. then you will have a little orange stripe. you could even throw a coat or two of night shades on it. that would be bad ass

now theres an idea!

:D

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
ok i know this is ruff. more just an example of what i was talking about blacking out on the reflector. i dont have time to do it all. if i get a few minutes ill make it better
dumblight.jpg

OP
OP
glass3222

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Keep the ideas coming guys. I still have no idea what I want to do. So far I think I like the pice Jeremy posted first.