Headlights??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsurmanek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm looking for black projector headlights for my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. I know I don't want to spend a crazy amount of money (or time for retrofits), but I'm looking at the 250-300 range. AutoAnything has Spyder and IPCW at about the price range I'm looking at. I know I want Halos, but I don't know enough about the difference between CCFL and LED halos. Also, I'm having a hard time finding pictures of Spyder CCFL and Spyder LED halos, and I can't get a straight answer about the IPCW ones (some say they have CCFL halos, some say LED halos, and some say no halos...). The other thing is I always see mixed opinions about the advantages/disadvantages of CCFL halos and LED halos. HELP!!!

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
in the aftermarket lights like these, LED halos are not going to be as bright, as they use a single LED (or maybe 3) to light the halo. CCFLs would be a solid ring.

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
in the aftermarket lights like these, LED halos are not going to be as bright, as they use a single LED (or maybe 3) to light the halo. CCFLs would be a solid ring.

See that right there is a solid answer from a guy who makes headlights - no smart ass answer, no down talk because he wants to spend less money on someone else's product :happy160:

No doubt I am coming to you for my HID's soon -

OP
OP
D

dsurmanek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thank you! any idea if the IPCW headlights are CCFL halos or LED halos?
also, which brand do you think is a better choice(the two look almost exactly the same)?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I honestly have no clue...

OP
OP
D

dsurmanek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've seen your custom headlights, but I'm not able to spend quite that much on headlights. What would you recommend between the spyder/ipcw ones and custom (which look awesome by the way)?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I've never spent time with either, so I really can't give a recommendation on them.

OP
OP
D

dsurmanek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
this is exactly what im talking about... HELP!

OP
OP
D

dsurmanek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nobody? any input on the differing opinions about CCFL vs LED? also any headlights that may be a little better than Spyder or IPCW but not quite as expensive as RetroShop's awesome headlights?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
LeD halos can last longer but are not as bright. CCFL Halos on the other hand are very bright. Some are so bright you can use them as headlights.
Both LeD's and CCFL are easy to hook up. Just make sure that you get good connections when you hook them to whatever you want to use them for. I do not recommend using the CCFL's for blinkers, takes them to long to fire up for them to be effective. Be aware of the colors, any color other than white can get you a ticket in most states and some states have very high fines now. Also in my opinion CCFL Halo's ok much better.

These are the headlights I have: http://www.xtralights.com/06-08dodgeramhaloprojectorheadlights-blackpair.aspx

I also used this kit in them for HiD's: http://www.philipshidkits.com/h3-xenon-philips-slim-ballast-hid-conversion-kits/

Hookup was easy just make sure too solder every connection. The fit is very good. I would recommend getting a set of headlight guards for them to protect your investment.

OP
OP
D

dsurmanek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
do you have any pictures of them at night? i was considering getting those exact ones. are the halos ccfl?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
do you have any pictures of them at night? i was considering getting those exact ones. are the halos ccfl?

Ill get some picks of my truck at night as soon as I can. Yes the Halo's are CCFL. If you need a bit of help in doing the electrical connections lemme know and I will let you know how I did mine.

Right now I am at work offshore, so it will be another week before I can get ahold of my camera and truck.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok just got off work. Took some pictures of my truck at night with the headlights. Unfortunately they did not come out very good but I will post them for you anyways until I can get some much better ones:

Stupid cameras lens fogged up on me when I was taking these so they are not as good as I would like.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wanted to add this: I did not have my headlights on at the time I took the photographs. The CCFL's and the LED's on those headlights are that bright.

krakaman24

2018 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
I have the Spyder headlights with the LED halo. I like the lights and the way they look. As far as light output.... eh could be better. Once I have the money I'll put some HIDs in and hopefully that will help.

OP
OP
D

dsurmanek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I really like the look of the oracle kit. just wish there was somewhere I could get black headlights with oracles already installed...

edit - with or without HIDs/projectors