Help on headlight decision

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at buying new headlights for my 02 cause I am not a fan of orange reflector inside, and the lense is a little hazy on inside. So I was on eBay looking at some and don't know if I was the clear lenses with black housing for headlights or clear lenses and chrome housing. It's a silver dodge ram, I have smoked LED tail lights on it as well.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Due to the quality concerns about some of the offerings on E-Bay I would recommend going to a site like car-id to get your new headlights. They have a nice offering that you can check out and their support is top notch. Something I cannot say about some e-bay sellers. Here is a link to car-id: CARiD.com - Car Accessories & Parts

A couple other sites that I trust are these:

Xtralights :: (888)954-4482 Aftermarket Car Headlights, Tail Lights, HID Kits, LED Bulbs
Truck Parts & Truck Accessories for Chevy, GMC, Ford & Dodge Trucks | LMCTruck.com

LMC offers a few options and they will fit with no modifications at all. Let us know what you decide upon.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll have to check them out as well. I've seen a lot of headlights on other sites but mostly projectors in them and I am not wanting that because the projectors that come with usually suck. But I'll have to check the those sites for normal fixtures but with what I'm looking for.

Are you saying the eBay lights are crappy? If so in what way, like they'll haze up, or thin material so extremely fragile, even maybe won't hold up to HIDs, etc? Any input I highly appreciate!

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My experience with the E-Bay headlights ahs been very terrible. First the set I had bought would leak and were most definitely made very poorly. I could not aim them at all, plus within a few months the lens cracked. Most headlights from E-Bay (especially the cheaper ones) are poor knockoffs of the oem ones, and the fit is not very good at all. Now if you are looking for OEM headlights at non OEM prices see if there is a KeyStone automotive near where you live. They actually supply most dealerships and auto parts places with OEM parts, and you can get the parts at the same price the dealer pays. Here is a link to their man website:Keystone Automotive Operations Inc. > Home

The parts Keystone sell are high quality and decently priced, plus they may have in stock just what you want. They stock a lot of the parts that body shops need for repairs so they are another option for you to look at.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't think I have a keystone near me in NJ but I will have to google if any are close by.

gearhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the clear lens with black housing I got off of ebay for $83.00. I haven't had any issue with them yet. They aimed fine for me and just snapped right in. I have had ordered two of these, one for my work truck and one for my personal truck. Just check that it is a 5 star seller. My thoughts are that even if they only last 1-2 years they look better then foggy faded lights.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the clear lens with black housing I got off of ebay for $83.00. I haven't had any issue with them yet. They aimed fine for me and just snapped right in. I have had ordered two of these, one for my work truck and one for my personal truck. Just check that it is a 5 star seller. My thoughts are that even if they only last 1-2 years they look better then foggy faded lights.

Glad you have had some success with the sellers on E-Bay. And you bring up a very valid point. Only buy from a seller that has a high rating. Some people stay for a month or so then disappear. I have been burned a couple times and am leary of any seller with a weak rating.

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I got mine made from retroshop. But its the black housing with clear lenses amd no reflector.
If you have the extra cash have him build you a set. You won't regret it!
IMAG0750.jpg