Help mounting 06-08 Hemi Front Lip (Part # 82209831) without mounting brackets!?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So I recently bought a brand new 06 Hemi Sport Front Lip (Air Dam, Air Deflector, Front Fascia etc.). Even though it was brand new, it did not include the mounting kit. The person I bought it from (a local member on this forum btw) lied to me in texts and lied to me straight to my face when buying the lip; saying that it does not need any mounting brackets or installation kit. That it just clicks into existing holes on the bumper and then you use your front wheel well liner bottom bolt for the ends of the lip.

So I was told it mounts as is, with no brackets needed. The lip was blue, my truck is Flame RED so for the last few days I have been sanding, primering, painting and clear coating the lip with hopes to have it on my truck any day.

Well, today, while browsing Ebay. I noticed a seller was selling the exact same lip I have, but his has a bunch of mounting brackets and plates. I searched Google and ended up finding the instructions included when you buy the lip from Mopar and found out that, yes, I do in fact need the mounting kit.

Here is some pictures of what I mean:

mounting1.JPG

mounting2.jpg

mounting3.jpg

mounting4.jpg

mounting5.jpg

mounting6.jpg

mounting7.jpg

mounting8.png

Is there anyway to mount this without the installation kit / mounting brackets?

My local dealership and online mopar sites all say part #82209831 is discontinued and even if it wasnt, I would have to buy the entire lip kit, lip and all, to get the mounting hardware as its not sold separately (I find this hard to believe).

Anyeay, is there ANYWAY to mount this on my truck without the mounting kit?

Has anyone with an 06-08 successfully mounted this lip without the hardware?