HID's Wont Turn On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdederick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed a 35w HID converison kit in my 06 1500. They work and all when the vehicle is not running (even with the key all the way on). If i start the vehicle and try to turn them on, they will flicker a couple of times, but will not fire.

What am i doing wrong?

Dekman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
You most likely need a relay harness or a set of capacitors as you are tripping the TIPM ( computer controlled fusebox ) as it's not getting the corrrect load draw. Put your stock lights back in before it trips to the point of needing a reset and get cap/resistors or a relay harness talk to JJ http://www.ramforum.com/member.php?u=91

inktoxicated

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yea they need resistors. the hids in the fogs will work without an issue the headlights need those gold looking resistors. i tried installing them like u without them and same thing. they worked with truck off but then got all wacky with the truck on. took them out and just put in whiter normal bulbs. pain in the butt

Dekman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I have a relay kit in mine , no resistors no caps. Now just need to swap it all for projectors.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
0yeah, need a harness that works with our trucks. ;)

let me know if I can help ya out!

inktoxicated

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yea the harness i had didnt work either. they told me i needed those tiny little resistors that look like tiny amplifier that get super hot. i didnt feel like bothering with all that. to bad it wasnt just plug and play like the fogs

OP
OP
G

gdederick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Scratch That. I think i figure out my problem, i will find out for sure when it is not so cold.

Last edited: