How to add running board lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemipig

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

I'm trying to add amber running board lights like the pic shown above on my 2003 1500 4 door.

I am adding cab lights at the same time and running the harness to the factory harness on the passenger side pillar.

I was going to run the power for the running board lights to that harness so that they will come on with the daytime running lights and cab lights.

How can I route the wiring from the exterior of the truck where the running board lights will be into the inside of the cab of the truck?

Thanks guys

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
Ultimately, it depends upon exactly where you'll pick up power for the lights. You don't have to go inside the cab. This thread http://www.ramforum.com/f48/running_board_lights-78827/ has some ideas of where to pick up power under the hood, once you wade through the nonsense.

Literally, if all you need is an idea how to route the wire and not how to power the circuit, I would go through the firewall grommet where the harnesses from the engine compartment connect to the interior harnesses.

OP
OP
H

Hemipig

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for the link. It had some decent info through the OP owning those guys lmao. I agree I mean isn't the forum the place for DIYs?