How Stupid Are Some People

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Right now I am one very angry coonass. Some little **** decided he wanted my headlights more than I. Well he made a couple mistakes.

First mistake was attempting to steal my headlights in daylight at a mall while I was taking my daughters Christmas shopping.
Second mistake was not being fast enough in destroying my grill, the headlights, and several other parts of my truck in his semi-failed attempt at removing them without the proper tools.
Third was taking so long that me and my daughters caught him in the act.

My daughters saw him first and just started running at him. They both tackled him, knocking him unconscious when his melon hit the pavement. Saving me the trouble of beating him until he passed out (yes I got a few swift steeltoed kicks in).
We got the attention of mall security (thank god they are actually sheriff's officers), and they took the scumbag into custody. I wish he had woken up so I could have beat him unconscious again.
Well long story short I have my stock lights back on my truck, had to order a new grill, left fender, and the bumper cap. That little **** did a job n my truck. All my parts are supposed to be in on Monday at the local Keystone Automotive. Only problem is I now have to redo my headlights. The ones I made with the assistance of Jeremy at Retro Shop, are un-usable now. The little **** broke the mounting tabs off, he pulled the screw that goes through the fender out of both lights, and he busted the lens on the passenger side.
God how I hate thieves. Here is the kicker about the whole ordeal: the little **** is only 16 and all he wanted was the Halo's and projectors out of my headlights. Cops told me that when I went to sign the paperwork. I am gonna wait a month or so before I redo them. Gotta order new headlight housings but the wife is not giving me the OK. I wish the scumbag had tried this in my driveway, because then I could have shot him. :disgust::disgust:

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
correct me if im wrong.. but shouldn't your insurance pay for the repairs?

Sucks people don't care about others belongings!

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
This happened to me back in 2006. Don't these un-educated ************* thieves know. you can't just pull headlights off they are bolted down.

This happened to me at while I was at work. Needless to say they were destroyed beyond repair.

Amber (my common law wife) just ordered me a set just like my old ones which I loved and miss.

Wish I could have been there to beat the douche bag. Good luck with your headlights and grill.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
holy hell, you got some kick ass daughters to run and tackle a guy and knock him out.

sucks that this happened and i kinda agree that insurance should cover this after your deductible if you have one

twinzx11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
shooting him is a little extreme. But I get the picture.. He deserved to get kicked a few times for his stupidity. I wished I caught the person who stole stuff out of my other truck years ago.. That would have been a good time for me.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah insurance is covering all but $250 which is my deductible, plus they are replacing my windshield too (been meaning to get it replaced for a while now, cracked all the way across).
I gave my insurance agent all the paperwork from the headlights and he said they will send me a check for what I spent on them plus the fenders , grill and he said the may replace the whole front bumper too if the main adjuster decides that the damage to it was caused by the dirtbag. Oh well stock lights screwed up paint job, bent fenders, screwed up grill, and screwed up bumper, my poor truck looks sick.

The little scumbag tried to pry them off with a crowbar which is what caused the damage tot eh fenders and bumper.

And both my daughters are very athletic, and strong for 13 year old girls.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
man thats stupid. Never heard of stealing headlights. Looks like he got what he deserved. Ass kicked by 2 girls younger than him. I'd beat the crap out of him too

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The insurance company ahs pictures of my Dodge. Right now I am driving my Nissan around. Do not want to start crying over my baby.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That's totally awesome your daughters will handle your light work.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Shame to hear, but it could have been much, much worse than that.

Like the entire truck stolen and stripped....

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He got his ass whooped by girls. :happy175:

That sucks man. You just went through an ordeal getting those lights together.

Get pics of the thief if you can. We can make the MF'R famous.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Sounds like you raised them girls right!! Best of luck getting your truck put back together.

krakaman24

2018 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
Man that really sucks!!! Especially after everything you went through to get those lights and all the waiting you had to do. Stealing headlights from a truck is new to me. If you were driving a little rice mobile I wouldn't be too surprised that someone was trying to strip parts. Hopefully you get everything fixed and back to the way you had it very soon.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah talked to my insurance agent this morning early. He said that they will be covering EVERYTHING, including the deductible. Now I just gottta wait so I can order new headlight housings to hold the projectors and halo's, thank god he did not mess them up. Although he did cut the wires on the driver side instead of disconnecting them.

As far as my kids go they all have been enrolled in self-defense classes since they were old enough to hit each other. I am very proud of my girls and feel the money that I spent on the classes is very much worth it.

LETHAL GTS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Best part of this story...your two 13 year old daughters handed him his ass!
*****!!!

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Sad part of this story, everyone is excited over two 13 year old girls tackling a thief.

:rofl:

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sad part of this story, everyone is excited over two 13 year old girls tackling a thief.

:rofl:

They saw him first. I am a CCW permit holder and had my 45 Ruger on me at the time. If I had seen him first he would be 6 feet underground. But I will not shot in the direction of my kids at all. SO that option went out the window when my daughters started running. I was wondering if they were having a race to see who would get the middle seat (neither like the stick shift in my truck), until I saw Sammy jump and land feet first on the thief's head, while Kimmy hit him dead center in the gut. One :pokeowned: thief.