How would you wire this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I talked about this a while ago but now I have the LEDs to do it. I was to put two strips of LEDs in each wheel well. One white that will act as a running light and one amber(well its yellow because they dident have amber, I hope it looks okay) that will be a turn signal indicator. I cant recall, are the turn signals in the heads and trails three wire? Ground, positive running, and positive turn? That would make things so much easier to tap into. Thanks for any help.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
That's how it should be. Should just tap right into the turn signal wire and they'll work as turn signals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
That's how it should be. Should just tap right into the turn signal wire and they'll work as turn signals.

remember if both the fronts and rears operate that way? I can not for the life of me remember for sure.

Ive had those headlight and taillights outs a million times...

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Are you 07-08? If so then the turn signal on the tail light is the same as the brake. So that won't work. You'd have to wire them all to the headlights if you plan on putting them in all 4 wheel wells.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
The running light will be a separate wire on the front and back.

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
mine is an 06 so I have the three bulb back.... I would think I could find some wires that work. Guess it will be time to break out the meter. Maybe not today, and maybe not tomorrow, but soon.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Yeah. Then you'll have turn signal and running light wires separate on both the heads and the tail lights. So it should be a pretty straight forward install. Use the dodge ram body builder guide to find out the colors of the wires from the electric diagrams on there.

Vague

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Yeah the heads should be cake, and if your tails are 3 conductor then that's pie. I'm thinking you would want the white LEDs mounted at the top of the well pointing straight down, and the yellows above the tire but mounted to the interior well above the tire pointed outwards. I'm thinking that if both pods are up high it will be hard to see the yellow thru the white. You could also throw some resistors on the positive of the white pod and dim them down some if the above situation happens.

I want to see pics.

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
yeah sorry ive been lacking on getting this done. Been busy with work and then I was on vacation last weekend and will be again next..... Got the LED in the mail, just need to do the install.

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
:( I suck. still have the LEDs in the bag waiting to go in. Too busy bouncing my fender off rocks last weekend..... Ill try and get it done this week. Sorry guys