I got my first paint bubble :(((((

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msorbara10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well I washed and waxed the truck today and as I was waxing the wheel well on the back right side, I saw what looked like a clear bubble so when I went to scrape it with my nail I saw it was a bubble. I guess there must be some rust under there. I was the side of a small pea. Needless to say this completely ruined my day and wishing I had 5k to blow on a brand new paint job..

Should I get some duplicolor paint and scrape the bubble off and paint over it and put a few coats of clear coat on? I would assume down the road more will show up but could this be a temporary fix until I can get a new paint job? (after all the performance mods are done ofcorse)

What would you guys suggest? My truck is so clean it is hard for me to see a paint bubble like this show up. I'm so upset haha

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Is there any foam inside the rear wheels? Chrysler was putting foam inside the rear wheel wells and it was holding water and slowly rotting away from the inside out. You could apply some rust reformer and hope for the best. Itll only grow more if you chip off the bubble and expose it to the elements. A body shop would be able to fix that one spot and blend the paint to match the rest of the bed

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
M

msorbara10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Is there any foam inside the rear wheels? Chrysler was putting foam inside the rear wheel wells and it was holding water and slowly rotting away from the inside out. You could apply some rust reformer and hope for the best. Itll only grow more if you chip off the bubble and expose it to the elements. A body shop would be able to fix that one spot and blend the paint to match the rest of the bed

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

No foam.. I will have to find a shop and see what they could do.. What shocks me is I looking behind where the bubble showed up and there is no surface rust.. Really bums me out. I know for most people its no big deal but I cant stand thinking of it

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
I know exactly what you are going through! i have so many of them on my passenger side door :/ i have to take it to a body shop so they can cut and weld a patch and blend the paint :/ its horrible and it sucks because my truck looks so nice and you look at the pass door and boom rust bucket

DONZ HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I also have the same rust issues on both wheel wells, and i'm working on a fix.

OP
OP
M

msorbara10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
here is the thread for mine, in the attachment is what the extent of my rust, only now it is a lot more,

http://www.ramforum.com/f48/rust_door-28183/

damm dude.. I know isnt it the worst feeling? I looked under the wheel well too and there wasnt even any surface rust.. The truck has some rust on the frame and everywhere normal but its not bad. Some parts are bad but I just didnt expect bubbles on my paint