ID/Clearance light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRevisIslandI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What would you use it for? are you looking to hook it up to your hazard lights or something or just on a switch?

It probably has 2 wires coming out of it, so ones a ground and that goes to any bare metal connected to basically any part of your truck and then the others the power that youd need to hook up to a relay if you wanted it on a switch.

and yes you can just extend it with any wire, its probably something like 16 or 18 gauge

OP
OP
I

IRevisIslandI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would hook them up to the bottom rails on the truck under the cab to be on while im driving, and im trying to decide if i want them to be on a switch or just to go on with the headlights. Do you know where i can get the relay and the ground ends?

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ground ends are just terminal connectors, you can get em any where really.

as for a relay im pretty sure autozone would have it (i love in canada so we dont have autozone but ive heard their good)

all that wiring is pretty straight forward, just read the instructions over and lay everything out before you put it in

OP
OP
I

IRevisIslandI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
okay, yeah i could do that but i dont even have the instructions. also the cords are black and white, which one would most likely be ground?

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
okay, yeah i could do that but i dont even have the instructions. also the cords are black and white, which one would most likely be ground?

Black is 99% of the time ground.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
relay comes with instructions and yes blacks prob ground, you can hook it up to a regular car battery or something to test it, just do black negative and white positive

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Those lights are typically used on vehicles over a certain width (DOT requirement )

They're probably incandescent so polarity really doesn't matter

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Based on the pics, white is ground on those lights with the ring connector on it (as it is on most trailers), black is hot (like taillights on most trailers) . As previously mentioned, they are just incandescent light bulbs in there, so they will work with either polarity.
They are meant to be center mounted on the back of a vehicle/trailer that is over 80" wide.
If you look at tractor trailers on the rode at night you will see them. The red centered between the taillights, and the amber centered up top between marker lights.
If you are going to mount them on the side of your truck you should at least be using the amber ones, not the red. They will look silly there, however, to anyone that knows what they are.

Last edited:

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
I would try to fins some LED lights that do the same thing if you really want more lights on your truck.
Most states do specify what color can be where. Amber and white towards the front, red running and brakes , amber turn, and white for the license plate and reverse. If you do not do it like your state wants you might end up with a ticket.