Installed backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazyro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Instructions are junk. I found some good wiring diagrams on the net though. I ended up splicing the power wires for the camera into the tow hitch wiring and I didn't hot wire the monitor into the battery. I just wanted this system to be used when in need. Most times I won't rely on it but when needed all I have to do is plug in the power source into the cigarette lighter and monitor comes on. The camera doesn't come on until truck is in reverse. After I took these pics I ended up swiveling the camera downward just a tad so I could see the tow hitch ball for even better precision.

For $60 (on Amazon; Pyle PLCM7500), I'm very happy.

backup-01.jpg

backup-02.jpg

backup-03.jpg

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like that for the price. But I hate the look of the license plate attachment. Might have to think of somewhere/something else
But it does make it stupid easy hookin up to a trailer.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crazyro

Crazyro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'll have mine on Wednesday. Is this a wireless kit?

It is not. It's wired. I read reviews on the wireless ones and too many folks complained about signal being flaky. It came with a long enough phono plug cable to run it from the rear, into the cabin and under dash.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It is not. It's wired. I read reviews on the wireless ones and too many folks complained about signal being flaky. It came with a long enough phono plug cable to run it from the rear, into the cabin and under dash.

Yea I read that to on some but still chanced it on the one I got. Has good reviews so we'll see.