Just F'd up royally yesterday!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donjohnk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my way to my hunting spot yesterday I got behind a road line painter and wasnt noticing a thing while I was driving down the road, UNTIL.. yep thats right my ******* was riding the yellow line!!! HOLY HELL did I "F" up royally. I dodnt notice how bad it was yesterday cause of all the mud on my truck going through the wood.. Well today we are gettin monsoon rains and washed the majority of the mud off and it is clearer than daylight now.. ALL BLACK WET TRUCK, yellow wheelwells! does any1 have a clue how to get this crap off? Or do you think I can claim it on insurance and have them fix it.. Id rather not go through insurance because of my stupidity and my rate going up... Really P.O.'d...:Wedgie::Grenade::emotions122:

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
fukken wax ?

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
get out the gun wash and warm soapy water. Hit it with the wash then rinse right away with soapy water. That would be my best solution.

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you got it on the black paint then its going to be hard to get off without putting little scratches in the paint. To get it out of the wheel wells i would spray some all purpose cleaner in there and then try to get it off with a pressure washer.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I did this last year.

Fukken will work on a good chunk of it, but it will take a LOT of wax. Get some goof off dude. Trust me. **** WORKS. The stuff I ran through was the reflective paint **** that had little tiny balls of reflective ****, came right off.

By the way.......it took me about..........4 hours. It was in the wheel wells, all over the steps, all over the under part of the door, well - you know. Go look at your truck.

Worst part? You will see it for YEARS. I had it in the tire tread.....in the groove. Yeah, that sucked..........

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
thats exactly what i was gonna say lol that stuff works good

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
i said fukken back on post #2 ... no one listens ..lol

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Full strength simple green+goo gone and pressure washer turned up to max. Also my friend drove through a freshly paved road one time and used gasoline to cut the **** off his tires, might be worth a shot.

And I highly doubt fukken is gonna cut through it if the paint dried allready. If you wanna try fukken youd be better of picking up a couple cans of WD-40, its like fukken minus the wax : ) (and way cheaper)

Last edited:

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
I do remember, right after i got my truck, it had tar all over the bottom of it. We used bug & tar remover from dollar general and it melted it off without any damage to the paint. That might work

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Get some flares!

edit: oh nevermind. im guessing it got on the inside of the wheel well too...

fatwombat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi what else??
Sorry and not to be a **** but I would to see a pic of this.... And i really hope you get that off...

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could spray paint the wells black. Jus saying

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I saw this happen to a guy i know driving a brand new dump truck his boss had JUST bought. it took him several hours to clean it off.

since you drive a ram your lucky. those wheel wells un bolt and you can take them off and save your back from breaking. oh, and the county highway here uses laquer thinner to clean there trucks of it. you can use goof off like jeremy said on any painted surfaces but on the plastic liners, use laquer thinner, itll turn it to water and you can rinse it off.

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
You can even use the laquer on the truck if you are very fast with it. Spray it on scrub it then rinse pretty fast.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
personally i wouldnt be spraying my truck with anything that cuts paint, period.....our paint isnt the best and whygive a reason the thin the already thin clearcoat....

OP
OP
D

donjohnk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanx for all the advise... I ended up using goofoff and a shirt wrapped plastic putty knife... got most of it off the frenders and door panels. Im definately gonna have to get some1 to detail it. got plenty of small scratches on the truck now.. Oh well.. lessons learned i guess.. kinda happy its close to hunting season, theres gonna be alot of mud on the truck so I aint gonna have to see them.

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thanx for all the advise... I ended up using goofoff and a shirt wrapped plastic putty knife... got most of it off the frenders and door panels. Im definately gonna have to get some1 to detail it. got plenty of small scratches on the truck now.. Oh well.. lessons learned i guess.. kinda happy its close to hunting season, theres gonna be alot of mud on the truck so I aint gonna have to see them.

Just have a body shop buff out the scratches. It will look brand new

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Sorry and not to be a **** but I would to see a pic of this.... And i really hope you get that off...

I'll be the ****!! where are the pix?? Evertime I do something "stupid" I call out ,aloud "You dumb *******". I usually don't do a repeat performance. Didn't they put down cones?? Our state doesn't do much but at least they do do that.