Keep an open mind!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I'm seriously considring this,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
It's a stick on but hides the seams. with a little black silicone and a dremel I could make it functional, I believe. This thing is less than 10% what they want. I know we have a lot of owners here, if not all you guys with the real deal. But this is a valid option.I feel Only if I'm willing to scalpel my hood. This aftermarket mod can go both ways, so no ******* matches!! I want honest feelings on whether this is rican , Ghetto, or Hey great deal, glad it's functional.Not only can the install be made in a day, but I also would oversee the dremmel cuts, the ''guttah'' screen. So some expertise will also be involved. Made out of fiberglass. :birgits_tiredcoffee

Last edited:

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
the link sent me to the sellers site and not the product

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
no srt replica seamless.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Updated, ok too click on it!!

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
yet your link is for something fiberglass...

Right not the whole hood thou. just the scoop. Thats the doubledged sword here in my opinion. The vibration isn't there (it's your steel hood,) but the scoop part, thats the thing I need clearification on. Isn't less than what it is? I mean I can make it functional. But At the same time I wanna show this truck off, being the limited number of them. I told the gf not to hold her breath, I'm hoping this thread has legs, so I can read it over in the winter month's before I decide to do this or not. Let's face it , without a connection in the body shop a new hood is gonna cost you double the expense of just buying one imo.:naughty:

Last edited:

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
The rumble bee style hood scoop looks good in some cases and horrible in others. Its not functional, so its just for looks (not to big on that IMO). Its your truck and your money so do what you want but if it were me I would pass

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
The rumble bee style hood scoop looks good in some cases and horrible in others. Its not functional, so its just for looks (not to big on that IMO). Its your truck and your money so do what you want but if it were me I would pass

Yeah I get the rumble bee, association, (non functional) But I would remedy that myself. And make it functional. Still not feeling it?:005:

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Cutting a hole in the hood and making it functional makes it better but its just not my style I guess. I know what looks good to me and that scoop just doesnt do it, for me that is.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Tacky, cheap, and probably wont go as well as you think. I personally would never ever think of doing that to anything I own, and that's with an open mind. If you wanna go cheap Rocket, your gonna get cheap, I promise you. So my vote, not ever... in a million years. Sorry man.

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
Tacky, cheap, and probably wont go as well as you think. I personally would never ever think of doing that to anything I own, and that's with an open mind. If you wanna go cheap Rocket, your gonna get cheap, I promise you. So my vote, not ever... in a million years. Sorry man.

x2....

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used to want a scoop, but over time I didn't like it as much because it was too easy to tell that it was a stick-on or nonfunctional.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My honest opinion is that it is a waste. It will come out looking exactly like what it is, a stick on hood scoop. There is a reason why people make fun of stick on accessories, they look cheap. My advice is save up and get a hood with a real scoop, no stick on stuff. You will regret doing stick on every time you see a truck with a real scoop.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I want to do something with my hood, but haven't found anything that I like. I wouldn't do that one. keep looking...

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
The ONLY way i'd even begin to think about giving approval for that hood is if you did a ton of body work to make it completely seamless. im talking lots of metal fab and bondo to make it a smooth transition -- the scoop would become part of the hood. Then again its fiberglass so you'd have a real hard time doing it.

My vote is absolutely not. Cheap, tacky, poor mans way out. Do you really wanna have the same stick on scoop as Hammer? c'mon man

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
The ONLY way i'd even begin to think about giving approval for that hood is if you did a ton of body work to make it completely seamless. im talking lots of metal fab and bondo to make it a smooth transition -- the scoop would become part of the hood. Then again its fiberglass so you'd have a real hard time doing it.

My vote is absolutely not. Cheap, tacky, poor mans way out. Do you really wanna have the same stick on scoop as Hammer? c'mon man

Hammers truck is one of the few that actually look good with it on there to me. Again the ones that do look "good" are few and far between.