Keep an open mind!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
And too think I toyed with the idea of a poll . lol Thanks guys, No six pack,or fiberglass for me, That guy I met in Carlisle, starting too wear on me I guess. Those were steel hoods. I'm going dealer on this, I get a 10 % loyalty discount, I think I can haggle a 700 dollar hood (with insert). Shipped. I'll rattle can the ***** after that.........naw just kidding bout the rattle can........I have a body shop in mind. Guy does things right, but you gotta pay him market value. These mods I just did are just gonna have to do. For now...............

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
stickers are for kids.

SafetyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500 4X4
Engine
4.7L
Yeah I agree the nly way I can approve a mod like this is exstensive body work to make it flow into the hood better and I think by the time you do all that work you could have bought a hood. just my opinion.

but all in all hey its your truck

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
And too think I toyed with the idea of a poll . lol Thanks guys, No six pack,or fiberglass for me, That guy I met in Carlisle, starting too wear on me I guess. Those were steel hoods. I'm going dealer on this, I get a 10 % loyalty discount, I think I can haggle a 700 dollar hood (with insert)..

This forum certainly hammers a point home, no pun intended, Two full pages of (NOT a good idea). Even after I posted this ^^^^ I still get votes on the oem, steel, side of this fun little factoid of conversation. Well I asked for it, and it is unaminonous. Keep up the respnses, I wanna hear from everybody !!!:killer:

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And too think I toyed with the idea of a poll . lol Thanks guys, No six pack,or fiberglass for me, That guy I met in Carlisle, starting too wear on me I guess. Those were steel hoods. I'm going dealer on this, I get a 10 % loyalty discount, I think I can haggle a 700 dollar hood (with insert). Shipped. I'll rattle can the ***** after that.........naw just kidding bout the rattle can........I have a body shop in mind. Guy does things right, but you gotta pay him market value. These mods I just did are just gonna have to do. For now...............

Check the classifieds. SRT hoods come up now and then for much less than 700.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Check the classifieds. SRT hoods come up now and then for much less than 700.
Lets not go there, the question is whether a stick on would be considered as well as the real deal, if made functional, not how too purchase one............( I think I just schooled the teacner.....sorry)

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Too stray off topic for just a sec, shipping any hood is over a c-note, To really take advantage , a road trip is in order, say like se pa??lol

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Haha You mean "Teacher"... Go back to school Rocket. lol You still kill me man! And don't be so abrupt, he's trying to help you not waste your money on half-brained schemes.

you forgot , ''for a half brained broken down truck driver''. I may let on like a drunk and a wash up, but thats what mints and towels are for!!lmao.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Lol Nice! I woundln't say "broken down truck driver". You got a pretty nice truck there, with some nice mods! So the your ticker must be working pretty good! And I wouldn't say "like a drunk and a wash up", your just the commical one in the group. Nothing wrong with that!

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I think I just got ''schooled'' by the guy pointing a gun at me, (avatar0. lol < I feel ya troup, we all have our trucks and our dreams. Mine is techer's hood on my truck lol j/king btw. ......sp

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
In 2011 , for sure, I'm pretty much done for the year. x-mass came early for me. :)...........................................long sp. lol.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Nice! Yeah me too! I wanna get those gears and truckins ported TB, but it's gonna be about mid january for the TB, and march/april for gears. Don't you hate having to wait!

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Nice! Yeah me too! I wanna get those gears and truckins ported TB, but it's gonna be about mid january for the TB, and march/april for gears. Don't you hate having to wait!
Only when I know it (the mods) is enroute!! Then my mind is on ff thinking of cargo damag, accidents, and the time in transit. I hat that the most!! .........................................really long sp!! I think I'm done .....wipe wipe, FLUSH, yep all set....

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Plastic stick on scoop would look too French!

Rocket, I toyed with the same idea as you Buddy, and also Fiberglass good hoods, and in the end have decided, SRT-10 Hood, and paint by a good Body shop. Don't understand why shipping Costs, just go Dealer as they are the cheapest? I have mine teed up at the dealer, and because I am good for his business, He says I'll get the good price ($ 710) and there are 7 in stock at the big Mopar warehouse (500 miles away). So I pay for the hood with no freight charges and the dealer will even have it dropped off at the body shop for me no charge. I got quoted about 500 for the paint on the hood (both sides plus approx 20 bucks for the underside emmissions decal).

So this is what I am saving up for Buddy, like you in 2011. I also have Flares on the list and my other Blue rims to respray so might get those all painted in a 1-ner. So lookin at about 1230 bucks plus 5% Taxes and also a couple of Power by Hemi Decals or custom Crazy Spartan Decals for the sides of the scoop area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Yeah I agree. Hey what does this mean?

******* post, when taking a ****, you post at the same time!! Sp= ******* post, pass it on, the good of the planet is at stake....lol.