Knocking in my front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dieselpower87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemie
Knocking in my front end

Hey guys I got a 2007 dodge ram 1500 with 5.7 hemi I have a loud knocking in the front end when I take bends and hit dips in the road so I thought CV joint so I got home went under the truck checked that got a little bit of play in both sides but nothing to loose any sleep over so I jacked the truck up checked upper and lower ball joints on both sides and tie rod ends everything was all tight there so then I checked universal joints all good there so I checked that little universal joint on the steering shaft under the hood and everything is tight there what could be causing the load knocking in the front end? Please help I'm at a lose. PS it's definitely not motor related it's something with the front end or front suspension. Thanks in advance

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm, are you positive not CV joint? Other then that and what you've already checked I would say check your sway bar bushings, I had one deteriorate on my 07 and caused quite a bit of ruckus. Front ends on these bad boys are finicky to say the least

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Immortaldaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Maybe it's the rack n pinion I know my 02 needs em replaced and there's play in the tires because of it

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

reindeerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2002
Engine
I had something similar in my past 3rd generation. It was the sway bar links. I used a needle fitting on my grease gun and shot some grease in through the boots. Noise went away.