Kool-Vue Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FloridaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed the Kool-vue mirrors and the actual mirror part shakes quite a bit when I'm driving. Has anyone had this issue before? I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to do that.

I'm fairly certain that I installed them properly because the arm (the black part that connects to the door) won't budge at all. I've got those tightened down pretty good. It's the actual mirror part that is shaking. I can't figure it out and just wanted to see if anyone has had this issue before.

Thanks in advance.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I have read the the aftermarket ones shake

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
unfortunately i have read that also about the aftermarket tow mirrors.

OP
OP
F

FloridaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
damn - i like the way they look, so I don't want to change em out again, but I almost get car sick when I look in them...I wonder if anyone has figured out how to stop or decrease the shaking.

07BlueRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes i have read the same thing have you flipped them out and driven yet? they are not safe how they shake

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Did it come with a inner support bracket ?

I just installed tow mirrors and got a extra set of brackets if you need them and or if they fit .

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is a known issue with the kool vue mirrors for years. Send them back, if you can.

OP
OP
F

FloridaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes i have read the same thing have you flipped them out and driven yet? they are not safe how they shake

Yes I've probably driven about 100 miles or so with them on.

OP
OP
F

FloridaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there a warranty with them? Might be able to return them as defective.

The ebay listing I bought them from says that if they've been installed I cannot return them, but how do I know if they shake or not unless I install them?? I think I need to hunt down a phone number and talk to someone.

OP
OP
F

FloridaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did it come with a inner support bracket ?

I just installed tow mirrors and got a extra set of brackets if you need them and or if they fit .

hmmm...I'm not exactly sure. It came all put together. The entire morror was one piece, and just screwed into the door. So I wouldn't know where to start with brackets unless you knew what exactly to do.

OP
OP
F

FloridaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@ ramhunter9 - Just to be sure we are talking about the same mirrors, here is a pic of them... Like I said they came in one piece, so no separate brackets were included.

Normal.jpg

OP
OP
F

FloridaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know a brand that doesn't shake, or do them make a factory version? Like I said, I really like how they look so I don't want to go back to the standard ones if I don't have to.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most guys run the OEM Mopar mirrors. They don't shake. If you keep your eyes open, you can find a set for cheap on craigslist, or even here in our classifieds. Be aware that different dealers will have varying prices. SO don;t just order them from the first place you call!

I got mine buy trading my stock mirrors, plus a hundred bucks, to a guy with tow mirrors who was selling his truck.

OP
OP
F

FloridaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It looks like they are about twice as expensive on ebay... I got the kool vue ones for like $190...most of the stuff im seeing is roughly $350-$400. I'll have to keep an eye out on here and craigslist. Thanks for the info though.

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sucks. I would definitely try to contact them if you can.

Used ones do pop up on eBay from time to time. I was lucky enough to find mine for $220.