LED bulb problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cliff6623

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2006 ram 1500, i replaced the standard bulbs with led now i have no brake lights or blinkers. need help! lol

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2 things, you need resistors for the truck to recognize them. As LEDs are polarized so they will only work when installed 1 way not both.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2 things, you need resistors for the truck to recognize them. As LEDs are polarized so they will only work when installed 1 way not both.

To simplify what Williams said, remove the bulbs, turn 180 degrees and reinsert. Then make sure they work before remounting. Also as he stated, you need resistors or your blinkers will hyperflash and you will more than likely get CELs indicating your lights are not working, although they are. Resistors can be found at automotive stores for under 15 bucks and there are plenty of videos on the tube to show you how to install. It will be an easy install. Make sure resistors are mounted to metal and away from wires and plastic, they can get hot.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yea try the 180 degree flip but I didn't need resistors for any of my bulbs in my 2006 and I'm completely switched over to LED. I've been for a while and no issues at all.