LED Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ethan0524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm currently searching for a variety of LED lights to install on my truck, I found the fog pods I'm going to get thanks to another thread on here, but I am pretty much a noob on things involving LED lighting. I found a 52" light bar on ebay that seems promising, but I was hoping someone on here could chime in with opinions and experiences because I love to learn things here from you guys. This is the bar I was looking at:

500W 52" Curved Work LED Light Bar Fog Driving DRL SUV 4WD Boat Truck Offroad US | eBay

I have a bunch of changes on the way for my truck but I'm starting with the lights for now. Any opinions are appreciated!

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I bought some small led lights from that company. Have not installed them yet but they seem to be good quality (build wise anyway). The will be back up lights on my truck and my camper. They are bright when hooked to a battery. And they are like 10 or 18 watts.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ethan0524

Ethan0524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What are you wanting to know? Light bar installation is pretty straight forward...

Mostly wanting to know what makes a light bar a quality one, also if I need anything extra for the install. I found a bracket that looks like it would fit it, I guess I was mostly just wondering if anyone knew anything about the quality of the bar.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Mostly wanting to know what makes a light bar a quality one, also if I need anything extra for the install. I found a bracket that looks like it would fit it, I guess I was mostly just wondering if anyone knew anything about the quality of the bar.
(Derekp) got all his lights off eBay and has had some good luck. I get all my stuff fto. Amazon since I have Prime and get eveything pretty cheap. To make the light bars go you just need the bar, harness and mounts and some electrical tools and connectors.

OP
OP
Ethan0524

Ethan0524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I found a decent looking one on Amazon that comes with a couple of extra pods so that when I need to throw them out the window at someone I have three chances to hit...so hopefully I won't miss.

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
So I found a decent looking one on Amazon that comes with a couple of extra pods so that when I need to throw them out the window at someone I have three chances to hit...so hopefully I won't miss.

Nice man. In all seriousness you will never go back once you see how those light up the road. :happy107:

OP
OP
Ethan0524

Ethan0524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice man. In all seriousness you will never go back once you see how those light up the road. :happy107:

I'm sure I will. As I'm installing these I'll probably be checking more places I can install other lights. For now I have my work cut out for me though...the lights aren't the only thing coming in the mail...

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I'm sure I will. As I'm installing these I'll probably be checking more places I can install other lights. For now I have my work cut out for me though...the lights aren't the only thing coming in the mail...

Do a quick look over Derek's truck and you'll be making places to put lights... it's an addiction and it will get out of hand, ask me how I know.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm not addicted. Just because I have a spreadsheet with a running amperage total doesn't mean I have a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ethan0524

Ethan0524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have plans to put the extra two that I got behind the grille, the one above the windshield, I want to fit two pods in my rear bumper for reverse lights, replace my fog lights with led pods, and I will definitely be examining Derek's truck to find more ideas.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have plans to put the extra two that I got behind the grille, the one above the windshield, I want to fit two pods in my rear bumper for reverse lights, replace my fog lights with led pods, and I will definitely be examining Derek's truck to find more ideas.

I have 4 10" bars behind my grill, the cubes in the fogs, aux back-up lights, bed lights, and extra approach/puddle lights if you need some ideas on how to spend money on lights.

[yt]Y5ezxh53PSM[/yt]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk