LED Tailgate Bars and LED Running Lights-what do you think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thats the big rig recon light kit , i have that on order . orange running lite , but when you open the doors they shine white so you see the step bars . good mod

How much was the recon kit? Seems like most stuff labeled recon is more $$$

OP
OP
johnnysart

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
The running light ones I think would only look good on the dualys like pictured do to they already have the side marker lights on the fenders. Where would you mount yours if you got it? With you being so good at photoshop i would suggest chopping a pic and seeing what it would look like.

I was thinking the same thing though so I'm having mixed thoughts.

Im kinda digging the running lights where did you find em?

Sport Truck Direct - Recon LED Third (3rd) Brake Lights - Clear Cab Roof Lights - LED Tailgate Bars

just scroll down.

thats the big rig recon light kit , i have that on order . orange running lite , but when you open the doors they shine white so you see the step bars . good mod

I do like that idea of them lighting up white when you open the doors. RH make sure you post up allot of pic's when you get them installed.

I got one, and it was a plug and play, very easy to install. Mine has a reverse light and I didnt have to do anything but plug it in and it works fine. Guess it depends on what you get.

I like the thought of not having to do any splicing.

RamGentry13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the recon fire & ice and i think i paid $70 for it. I love it. Install was simple. Heres a blurry pic:
ledstrip1.jpg

OP
OP
johnnysart

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I have the recon fire & ice and i think i paid $70 for it. I love it. Install was simple. Heres a blurry pic:
ledstrip1.jpg

Thanks for the pic thats nice and bright, now I regret not having it overnighted lol.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
I had a similar one on my first truck, the turn sigs and brakes work off the trailer harness, but the reverse needs to tap in at the tail light plug

Yeah same as mine, just take your time on the install, not too hard, and you'll love them when you get them installed! I can reverse much clearer now!

OP
OP
johnnysart

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Thanks for the tip--I'll have to get Amber to help me with the install. I'll shoot some video after I get it installed. Looks like I'll have it by the 16th.

I ordered the 60--that should be the right length right?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
the big rig kit with both colors was 155

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
thanks smkn never thought of getting it on amazon....now does yours have reverse?....i was supposed to get one of these a long time ago to ward off the police from tinted tails, well i havent got any tickets yet....so i guess im good....

Marx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L, 345 ci MDS
Thanks for the tip--I'll have to get Amber to help me with the install. I'll shoot some video after I get it installed. Looks like I'll have it by the 16th.

I ordered the 60--that should be the right length right?

ya 60" is right the 49s are for dakotas

RamGentry13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yup 60" is what i have. post up when you get it installed and let us know if you have any probs…it really is easy though

OP
OP
johnnysart

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well I got the other day so I started installing it today and as I went over the hole for the spare tire I tried to loosen it some so incase I needed to get the spare and it ****** broke------I'm so PISSED OFF. I emailed them to see if I can get credit on them probably not since it was my fault!!!!!!

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
thats lame!

Marx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L, 345 ci MDS
that sucks man
The one i got from recon, the bar is removable from the sticky pads so i can just unscrew it if i need to get the spare

Last edited:
OP
OP
johnnysart

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I love my Amber(Fiance)----She's gonna buy me another one. She's always willing to cator to my moddin needs.