Lets talk about paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I believe this is something like a 05 with a lot of body mods to the front. I forget where I got the picture but someone will hopefully recognise it and have a link to the build.

091yx.jpg

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's awesome! So a early 3rd gen with late 3rd gen grille, and 4th gen headlights? Lot's of fab work probably

From the build thread it didn't look that bad. 4th gen fenders and head lights. Just had to cut around the grille some. If memory serves correct.

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
truckin if you could explain what you were thinking a little better Ill photoshop it for you, im kinda confused as to how you explained it.

If you could that be awsome.

The way I want it with the paint is:

- Draw a line on both sides of the hood from the edge of the windshield along the hood and down to the grill shell (kinda like doing stripes that would go down the front of the truck but stop at the edger of the grill shell before it curves down to the grill). The portion of the hood that that sections off from the fender to the line I want silver.
- Then go 3-4" over from the first line and put another there doing the same thing going down into the grillshell like the first. From there go about 2" or so over and do another line the same way. The part that those two lines section off I want silver too. Mirror on the opposite side.
- Everything that is not silver on the hood will remain black.
- The grille shell will have the same lines as the hood as far as what is going to be black and what is going to be silver. From the set of lines that line up with the windshield I want the silver to run on the outside of the shell down the sides and bottom. The enitre center of the shell and grill will be black as well.
- Tonneau cover I want to have black spears running down the top along the lines of the cover (they match the lines of the hood) and I am going to pick up a srt spoiler that I am going to do in blac as well.
- Wheels will be black along the lip with a machined face
- black gas cap cover
- black head lights

So yes there will be quite a bit of black when I am done with it.

Last edited:

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
waiting for the photo chop.....that pic looked bad ass, did any one notice the under sized mirrors?

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ill try to do something tomorrow rocket, I have to fly back home tonight so Ill be busy today

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
No no you misunderstood dan, I meant the chop for truckin 151. Not my sig pic, lol I had forgottten alll about it.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
oh dodge tomahawk that is one seriously bad assed customized truck right there. im aroused right now....

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No no you misunderstood dan, I meant the chop for truckin 151. Not my sig pic, lol I had forgottten alll about it.

Thats what i was talking about rocket, i still need better pics for yours.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
^^^^ ha ha ,there's an idea,Jjay. too bad I gotta shove off too work.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I got ***!!Left over from the eggnogg. That was good but extremely fattening. If there is one thing that can clog arteries faster than eggnogg, i dunno what it is!!lol. I use the *** too cut it,lmao!!