Looking for a part number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatguyukno2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
Hello, I am new to this forum, so please correct me if this is in the wrong sub category. I have a 3rd gen ram that had a raccoon take a liking to it while my father was in Iraq, and it tore up some fabric in the engine bay. As it sits, it looks terrible, and i was wondering if anyone here could help me get a part number or find somewhere I could purchase it. Please see the attached photo for details. I am looking for the part circled in red.

(Please note this IS NOT my image, I am using it for demonstrative purposes only.)

007-5.jpg

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Been digging and I can't find anything on that one, sorry. Honestly tho, the engine bay looks so much better without it, you might just remove it all together. You can find plastic retainer clips at the auto parts store that will replace any that you might break when removing the padding.

OP
OP
T

Thatguyukno2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
Thanks for the advice. I have tried all of my local junk yards, and have found out that the 3rd gen rams just aren't in any nearby junkyard. The nearest one to me is a four hour drive. I did see the suggestion that it get removed, my only concern with that is what it does. It does look better, but does it affect anything that I need to be worried about?

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for the advice. I have tried all of my local junk yards, and have found out that the 3rd gen rams just aren't in any nearby junkyard. The nearest one to me is a four hour drive. I did see the suggestion that it get removed, my only concern with that is what it does. It does look better, but does it affect anything that I need to be worried about?

My truck had one and I left it there for several years. Finally removed it and cleaned underneath and left it off. I have noticed absolutely no difference in anything with having it there or not. Except for being able to keep the underhood clean easier. That pad collects dirt.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Check on Craigslist auto parts there is people stripping selling parts off this model that the engine is shot. I know two junk yards I know have this item.What it is a sound deadner or insulator.They do get dirty you can get a can of upolstry die and go from there

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I believe 55350922AA is what you are looking for. Amazon has it for $61.

reindeerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2002
Engine
I came up with part number 55350922AA. Not sure if will fit your truck or not.