Looking for sport style bumper cover.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I believe street scene also carries a sport style bumper cover that fits over the chrome bumper. If you dont already have a sport, youll also need the proper brackets to mount the sport cover. I have the street scene gen 1 cover on my 05 and it cost me $400 to get it painted most if it was the prep work because it had to be soda blasted to remove the improperly painted yellow and the painted blue

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Ethan0524

Ethan0524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So OEM isn't direct fit, but the Street Scene will? I'm not super picky on which one, I just wanted an all orange bumper at some point, so all ideas are appreciated!

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
OEM sport bumper will not fit without a lot of extra parts which if you want to go that way look in a junkyard and you MIGHT come up with gold. I checked out the Street Scenes Bumper covers on their website, and it seems that it is a direct drop on product that leaves the original bumper in place. Only thing I would be wary with them though is their construction. If you decide to go with one check the package BEFORE you sign for it , and with the delivery agent there open the package t be sure there was not damage to the cover at all. They do look good though and I may start looking into getting one for my 3 rams.

Check this link out for what I find is the best price for the street scenes cover: http://www.partstrain.com/ShopByDepartment/Bumper_Cover/DODGE/RAM_2500/2007

Last edited:

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
That is not what I have heard... I have read in multiple places that if you remove your SLT/Base upper bumper, and the foglight inserts that the sport bumper cover will slip over our chrome bumpers and attach. It will be different than factory, but will work.

As for cost of paint, it won't be cheap, I am thinking $400 or so. I am having a grill surround painted right now and it is costing me $150.

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
So OEM isn't direct fit, but the Street Scene will? I'm not super picky on which one, I just wanted an all orange bumper at some point, so all ideas are appreciated!

Street scene is a direct fit over the chrome. Its made from urethane, not fiberglass so itll take a beating. My truck just slipped out of gear the other night and rolled into a curb and the bumper is what stopped the truck. Lost some paint but the bumper survived

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is not what I have heard... I have read in multiple places that if you remove your SLT/Base upper bumper, and the foglight inserts that the sport bumper cover will slip over our chrome bumpers and attach. It will be different than factory, but will work.

As for cost of paint, it won't be cheap, I am thinking $400 or so. I am having a grill surround painted right now and it is costing me $150.

If you go to Truck Parts & Truck Accessories for Chevy, GMC, Ford & Dodge Trucks | LMCTruck.com and look up the different bumpers you will see the difference between the sport bumper and the stock steel bumper. The sport bumper uses an impact bar instead of the standard bumper behind the cover as seen here: Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

The steel bumper does not have the impact bar at all as seen here:

Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

You will need the impact bar to mount the plastic oem bumper too. The stock steel bumper does not have the holes for the plastic bumper nor the space between the lights and the bumper itself.

RAtmosphere

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 3500 Dually
Engine
5.9 Cummins - 12,800 original miles
Well I have heard some stories...on Ram Forum...of people "Fitting" a sport Bumper over the stock chrome bumper, with some minor "modifications" and some minor "trimming"....me personally, if you have the chrome bumper and want a cover you can paint orange, go with the Street Scene. It has great looks, durable, and doesnt require any other "modifications"...

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I have heard some stories...on Ram Forum...of people "Fitting" a sport Bumper over the stock chrome bumper, with some minor "modifications" and some minor "trimming"....me personally, if you have the chrome bumper and want a cover you can paint orange, go with the Street Scene. It has great looks, durable, and doesnt require any other "modifications"...

MINOR??? That is an understatement. A neighbor tried it. Looks horrible, does not fit properly, and sticks out further than it should. Not too mention the way he had to attach it was rigged for failure (it fell off after 500 miles).

RAtmosphere

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 3500 Dually
Engine
5.9 Cummins - 12,800 original miles
Yea i have never seen it done in person, so I assume by "minor" that means MAJOR...LOL
Boy IM glad I bought the sport model from the get go....:)