moto metal wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
hey guys im looking at getting a new set of wheels, im thinking either 20x12 or 20x14 chrome mo962. does anybody have any bad experiences with motometal? or these particular rims? just curious as to what i will be getting into

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I had the mo951's and it only took about a year til the clear coat started peeling off.. I'll never buy them again.. Fuel wheels from now on

OP
OP
LS5DodgeRam

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
I had the mo951's and it only took about a year til the clear coat started peeling off.. I'll never buy them again.. Fuel wheels from now on

Hopefully u won't have to worry about rhat being thaf j am getting the chromw but how did you like it otherwose? We're they strong? Could you tell?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Moto Metal here, love them, we've used them many of time on company cars, held up fine. I've read as much about Fuel issues as Moto Metal, flip a coin...
But trusted them enough to purchase these a month or so ago, love the look.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well my not even a year with Moto metal before the clear peeled off compared to my over 4 years with the fuels and even running them thru PA winters and they still look new.. Fuel all day any day.. Quite a few buddies of mine have them to and are just as happy with them.. No flipping a coin here lol

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Well my not even a year with Moto metal before the clear peeled off compared to my over 4 years with the fuels and even running them thru PA winters and they still look new.. Fuel all day any day.. Quite a few buddies of mine have them to and are just as happy with them.. No flipping a coin here lol

You made a personal choice, that's similar to a coin...
I made mine too, and am pleased with Moto Metals.

As well as my friends.

Its ok to not like the same wheels.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
O I know everyone has a preference, I was just stating mine and why. You guys that commented look to be from areas that don't use much salt if any in winter which helps save the finish. PA goes crazy overboard with that ****.

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
We don't have much rust either, or Amish :D

Used to come to Harrisburg, and Lancaster, PA annually. Have a buddy that still lives up there, has a speed shop, builds Drag cars.
Pretty country.

jk

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Lol yea the Amish are about as bad as the salt they put on the roads. Wear the roads out just as bad and they don't gotta pay for it!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963