Murder me out 2008 ram quad cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Bought a used 2008 st quad cab. LOVE IT!

Don't like the chome and really want to murder this beast out.

So far i have blacked out rear bumber, bighorn logo, ram logo, and used VHT nightshade Smoke on the stock tail lights. I replaced the head lights with a stock matching set that have clear reflectors, and black bezels.

here is where I am kinda stuck.
The rims I have are the stock 20's but the brushed aluinum so they could be painted right?
or should i just opt for a replacement rim?

the side logos, do any of them come off with out leaving holes. or are both of them pop in?

do they make an entire grill/bezel replace that comes either flat black or like a ruberized version.

and where is the best place to fins front replace bumers?

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought a used 2008 st quad cab. LOVE IT!

Don't like the chome and really want to murder this beast out.

So far i have blacked out rear bumber, bighorn logo, ram logo, and used VHT nightshade Smoke on the stock tail lights. I replaced the head lights with a stock matching set that have clear reflectors, and black bezels.

here is where I am kinda stuck.
The rims I have are the stock 20's but the brushed aluinum so they could be painted right?
or should i just opt for a replacement rim?

the side logos, do any of them come off with out leaving holes. or are both of them pop in?

do they make an entire grill/bezel replace that comes either flat black or like a ruberized version.

and where is the best place to fins front replace bumers?

the wheels can be plastidipped, or powdercoated. I opted for replacement rims though. The side emblems come ("hemi" badge and "ram 1500" badge) are on there with adhesive. Fishing line and an eraser wheel will do the removal work just fine.
Not sure about the grille or bumper questions

OP
OP
reapercrewprez
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for the follow up, in that case will just remove them, should i save them in case of resale, or just chunk them, would it destroy value at all?

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not too sure on that man. If it worries you then it can't hurt to keep em. I tossed my big horn emblem and plan to do the same to the "Ram 1500s"

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't think it'll hurt your resale at all. For the grille, you could find someone around your area that has the OEM flat black like on a work truck or something and see if they'd like to swap for your chrome, maybe even the bumper too.

OP
OP
reapercrewprez
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Not a bad idea on the swap, and yeah ill probably just toss em, Just looked up the cost on replacements, not expensive.