Are my rear springs whopped ... pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coolbikeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Are they supposed to have that "wave" look or do I need new rear springs?

Attachments

• IMG_1275.jpg
    IMG_1275.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
coolbikeguy

coolbikeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Could be over loaded and driven on alot.

Have you had the truck from day 1?

no ... was 7 yrs old when i bought it. i know they towed with it though because he sold my truck to me and bought a srw 3500 cummins. im not sure what they towed but i know they had a place they were working on up in the mountains of pa

if its sitting on level ground and you look at it from behind... the passenger side sits almost an inch lower then the left side ... thats what made me look at the springs. i checked bed/body mounts and all that looks ok but those springs seem "wavy " to me

Bigguy45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's definitely been overloaded. They shouldn't bend that way haha

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
coolbikeguy

coolbikeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
lol .... thats what i was thinking ... im sure that also part of my "harsh" rear end handling. guess ill head to the spring shop and see if they can beat rock autos price.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Mine looked like that on my 2wd from hauling motorcycles in it all the time. I had an add-a-leaf done on it and they resolved the issues and increased the load capacity nicely. The springs are probably still good for the most part. If you have a spring shop around, have them check it out and look into doing an add-a-leaf kit.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They need to be replaced, they arch springs once they are bent past flat they are ruined.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That thing has been overloaded as **** lol. They definitely need to be replaced.

marine6212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
see if any custom knife makers want the springs before you throw them in the trash. you might be able to recoup a few bucks or get a Bad ass knife made in the deal!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
see if any custom knife makers want the springs before you throw them in the trash. you might be able to recoup a few bucks or get a Bad ass knife made in the deal!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

He could send em to Forged in Fire lol