Need new tires anyway, might as well get new wheels, want to go wider

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

No H2O

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
V6
Was planning on using tire rack to order both wheels and tires at the same time.

I don't like the inconvenience of wheel spacers so I want to go with the widest possible wheel.

My main concern is price, tire rack is ok but is there any other place you know of that has better pricing?

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
wherefire.com
Rimzoneonline.com
customauto online
All of these sell wheel and tire packages. The wheels come mounted and balanced with free shipping so all you have to do is put them on.

OP
OP
No H2O

No H2O

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
V6
ok so it's been a long while since I bought wheels, and not for a truck.
The low-end price for a set (not necessarily even going wider) is going to be around a grand which is quite a bit more than I want to spend.
The question now becomes: is there a good source of used wheels where I can look up year make model or am I limited to scouring eBay for someone selling a set that'll fit?

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
ok so it's been a long while since I bought wheels, and not for a truck.
The low-end price for a set (not necessarily even going wider) is going to be around a grand which is quite a bit more than I want to spend.
The question now becomes: is there a good source of used wheels where I can look up year make model or am I limited to scouring eBay for someone selling a set that'll fit?

What type of tire are you looking for. MT AT or Street?
But your best bet is craigslist or the offer up app. Also try local tire shops some of them sell used tires for a good price.
Another piece or advice I can give is if your not going to be off roading a lot i wouldn't recommend MTs. WAY more expensive than ATs or streets. Also if you don't have the money some places like firestone or rimzoneonline.com will finance you.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're very limited on width with a stock 2wd truck. I wouldn't go much more than 20x9 with no more than 0 offset. Go on ebay and search "5x139.7 20x9 4 new" and start browsing

OP
OP
No H2O

No H2O

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
V6
discounttiredirect.com has 8.5" rims (that gives me 1" over stock 7.5" I believe?) for around $100 which makes this project affordable again.