Need opinons and options:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
So, I will be ordering an SRT hood very soon, and will have to redo my vinyl. I want to redo the Hash stripes with BLACKOUT underneath. But would like to add other things to it. What would you recommend? It will be ghosted on (flat black) so it won't be too noticeable. Just subtle changes.

Also, I will be purchasing red LEDs. Probably a strip for behind the SRT grille, my actual grille, and then interior accents that stay on, or bump to the bass. Any thoughts?

Just trying to get an idea of what is out there to see where I want to go.

Last edited:

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Are you wanting the stripes to hide as much as the first set? Im wondering if they are more charcoal would you get a better response. The Leds sounds cool and the hood insert has a decent place to mount them. Gonna try thinking of anything else but you have a pretty good plan already.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
the led's behind the srt hood opening will be cool. Seen it on other trucks. I love the look of flat black decals on a black truck

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
What about adding a gloss black stripe under the flat black, sort of making a line around them or even red behind it.
Sort of like this
ChitheadRedaccentscalipers.jpg

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
^^ oooo yeah I like that idea!!! A red background to the flat black stripes would look killer and go with your theme really good!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
The only thing with that is what you will mostly see is the red outline on a black truck

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
If I had my way to start the truck would have two dark red rally racing stripes going down it by now. And lots of other matching pieces. But was told no. Lol. So, just trying to keep the blackout now on the exterior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
If I had my way to start the truck would have two dark red rally racing stripes going down it by now. And lots of other matching pieces. But was told no. Lol. So, just trying to keep the blackout now on the exterior.

uh oh....was that person the "boss"? lol

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Only 17. So. Got a straight up no from my mom. Haha. And the girlfriend of almost a year and a half gave me an "ehh...". Lol. So, decided to go with the all blacked out look on the exterior. Still living out the red and black on the inside though. ;). And the engine bay. Lol.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
mmm dark cherry red rally stripes done with the marble technique. that would get you the blacked out look plus some slight color
CIMG2288.jpg
CIMG2285.jpg

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Oo. I like that. Haha. Still don't think the slight red would be okayed. Maybe one day when I get bored of the all black look. If that's possible!

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I have seen the marble look done with purple on a black car it looked awesome. I plan on doing something like this on one of my projects some time, maybe the 60 Dodge pu I want to bag.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If you are wantin to stick with black, then I think the flat black would still be cool, it's something that you have to look at twice to see it most of the time.. pretty cool!