Needing tire recommendations for 2008 ram halfton Laramie.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, I know, it's another, "what tires to buy" thread...lol. I know there's a bunch of these threads already asking this very same question but I really don't think what I'm asking for is the same as what someone else has already asked. Or well if they have, point me in the right direction.. [emoji41]

Anyhoo, what I'm looking for is a good "Oklahoma" tire...lol. Not looking for an off-road or even necessarily an all-terrain tire so much but, something that has good wet-road traction with good hydroplaning resistance for some of these torrential rainstorms we get around here. Also it would be preferred that this tire have good ice traction since we can get some of that pretty bad around here in the winter as well.

Oh and something in the original, stock size of 275/60/20 or whatever the factory size is for the 2008 Ram Hemi 1500's with the 20's.

When I bought my Cooper Discoverer AT-3's about 4 years ago, I was really eyeing the Michelin LTX since they had great Tire Rack reviews and actually had great wet road traction and even had great light snow and ice traction with like a 60,000 mile tread warranty or so but Michelin is very proud of their products and wanted nearly 1200 bucks for four tires out the door. The Coops were only 850 out the door so that's why I went with those lol.

I might actually go with the Michelins this time but I'm just curious about y'all's opinions. Thanks.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry, I checked a few tires some friends of mine love and asked them, but they said ice is a definite no... I tried lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nitto geomax is the best option I came up with, but we just had a crazy winter this year with tons of ice (for West coast) and they had troubles in the ice. But they love them outside of ice

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Blahhhhh geomax is a Dunlop motocross tire the tires I run on my 450 lol I meant to say geolander and they are yokohamas. Those are the tires my buddy runs on his ram and Durango and loves em (again not in the ice he didn't)

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, yeah only thing that's not a 9 or dang near is the ice and that's still rated pretty good.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, yeah only thing that's not a 9 or dang near is the ice and that's still rated pretty good.

It's not a 9 on what? Ice traction?

Ice traction really isn't totally a necessity, I was just stating that we do get ice here so, a tire with good to mediocre ice traction is preferred.

Doesn't even have to be a good mud, or all-terrain tire either, as I don't go off-road.

Mainly something for pavement but not a full-blown highway tire tho, like them cheesy Goodyear Wrangker GS-A's or whatever the hell they were that came on this truck from the factory.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The goodforayear tires [emoji23] man those things are garbage ha