New Headlights for the 08

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeputyDipShizz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking to replace my chrome lights with the ones posted below. I have found them with a white reflector instead on ebay as well as amazon...Anyone purchase them before and have any reviews?uploadfromtaptalk1394141243875.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
I have a set on my truck. They are decent, but the beam pattern is different than stock. They do not seem to go out as far nor as wide as stock at all. But I will be using them to rebuild my projector headlights as soon as my tax refund comes in.

OP
OP
DeputyDipShizz

DeputyDipShizz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eh...I want black lights but hate the look of the euro and projector ones...nor do I have the money to spend on customs right now

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you still want them get them. But install some fog lights and driving lights to make up for what is lost with these lights. I have a couple pictures in my posting on my headlight build if you want to actually look at them on a black ram. If you have factory fog lights those are more than enough to bring added light. A second pair of driving lights behind the grill like what I have also can fill in where the euro lights lack. I installed a pair of the Hela 500 Black Magics behind my grill and they most definitely help out a lot.

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can always paint your headlights to look like that. It will probably cost the amount of of a can of spray paint.

OP
OP
DeputyDipShizz

DeputyDipShizz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the stock fogs already so that's in place ..siren speakers in the grill but I did always like those light bars for in front of the bumper...Hmmmmm

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I actually just bought blacked out headlights like that from eBay. Cannot complain about them at all. Seem a little brighter too but look amazing on my blue truck.

They have the clear reflector on them as well, I am also going to switch the amber lights to switch backs so that everything is white up front.

This is the link to the ones I got. Not sure exactly WHY they are now $829! I got them for $129 with free shipping.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeputyDipShizz

DeputyDipShizz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks bud...I'm gonna Gove them a shot...plenty of other ones on Ebay that look just the same and go by the same name as well...Black Diamond Lights...Imma give em a shot...I have a Brilliant Black Sport...Those Chrome lights stick out wayyyy to much

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I hear you on that one, my truck looks a lot better with those headlights now and than those flashy chrome ones, plus makes the front seem darker.

Once we finally get descent weather, I am going to use some more plastidip to finish off blacking out my chrome grill and the 1500 on the doors. Also gonna try it out on my chrome running boards but have a feeling I might need to just get black running boards.

Already did the front and rear badge and the 4x4 on the tailgate as well.

OP
OP
DeputyDipShizz

DeputyDipShizz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm debadging soon...Gonna tell the body shop to disregard reapplying the tags on the fender and all so Ill already be halfway there haha

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Haha, that works as well!

Though just noticed your picture and you have the amber bar on the bottom of your lights. I did not have that so watch out when ordering lights. Some specifically say that it will not fit a truck that has the amber bar on the bottom.

Not sure what the difference is between amber bar and not but don't want you to end up with lights that don't fit correctly.

OP
OP
DeputyDipShizz

DeputyDipShizz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That silver truck is my old one that I totalled 2 months ago when someone turned in front of me...this is my new 08 that I rear ended someone with yesterday :-( I have no luck lately...

uploadfromtaptalk1394165500569.jpg

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Damn dude!!!

Sorry to hear about that, I have been involved in a couple accidents with my previous vehicles and is never fun.

Though from that picture, looks like nothing internally got damaged, just busted the hood and all the plastic crap on the front. Still, sorry to hear that happened.

OP
OP
DeputyDipShizz

DeputyDipShizz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They call em accidents for a reason...Got me a head start in replacing some parts I've been wanting to do...And the badges too...I won't be able to handle that side missing them so Ill get the other side done pretty quick haha

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Yeah, accidents are no fun though. Some result in 18 years of torture! :D

What else do you have planned for your truck?

Did your tow hooks get bent?

OP
OP
DeputyDipShizz

DeputyDipShizz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes they did...Plans are for the black lights, level, spacers, 35's, black flares, and flat black warpaint to match the aftermarket flares stock surface...Exhaust I believe I've decided on the AeroTurbine 3030XL dumped over the axle and a K&N CAÍ...Eventually I want to redo the front tint and get a brow on the windshield as well

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haha, that works as well!

Though just noticed your picture and you have the amber bar on the bottom of your lights. I did not have that so watch out when ordering lights. Some specifically say that it will not fit a truck that has the amber bar on the bottom.

Not sure what the difference is between amber bar and not but don't want you to end up with lights that don't fit correctly.
The difference between the trucks with the amber bar and no amber bar is that the amber bar is a separate light and only on the 2006 model year. The headlights for the 2007 and 2008 years will work but you might have to do a bit of wiring, which is easy. Just get the turn/parking lamp socket and the pigtail for a 2007 or 2008 year ram, and then splice it into the existing wire harness. The 07/08 rams use the 3157 lamps for turn/parking lamp. Not exactly sure which the 06 used but it was different.

Blot pattern is the same from late 06 to early 09. Late 09's have the new body style while the early 06's have the old body style.

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Sounds like a solid plan you have.

I have/had a K&N CAI and really helps with the truck when taking off but WOT it's so loud in the cab can barely talk. Took it off for now and put the stock back on, thinking about doing S&B CAI.

Which flares are you looking at?
Black warpaint? The strips on the hood, guessing dual strips?

OP
OP
DeputyDipShizz

DeputyDipShizz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put 07's onto my 06 and didn't have to do anything but remove the bulbs from that section of wiring. No hyper flash or anything. I think they were just marker lights

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
The difference between the trucks with the amber bar and no amber bar is that the amber bar is a separate light and only on the 2006 model year. The headlights for the 2007 and 2008 years will work but you might have to do a bit of wiring, which is easy. Just get the turn/parking lamp socket and the pigtail for a 2007 or 2008 year ram, and then splice it into the existing wire harness. The 07/08 rams use the 3157 lamps for turn/parking lamp. Not exactly sure which the 06 used but it was different.

Blot pattern is the same from late 06 to early 09. Late 09's have the new body style while the early 06's have the old body style.

Ahh, thanks for the info, 07 is my first ever Ram though I have always been in the Chrysler family. Didn't realize that amber bar was actually the turning light for the truck, seemed more like a reflector.

Thanks!