New Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AF_Hemi

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
There is something inheritly wrong with using the leaf spring for a light mount. It may be a frame thing I'm thinking of. It certainly is inventive. Good job af I hope it lasts. sincerely.

what could be wrong with it? A 5/16" hole certainly wont make it weaker, and thats the only worry i could think of

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
dude you just lost like 15 rwhp. and it may make your tranny slip

OP
OP
AF_Hemi

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
frick. how do i fix it? maybe some fukken wax? oh! i got it.... i'll shove some steel wool in the hole and hold it in there with some duct tape, THEN fukkenize it to make it all purdy

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
that is exactly what google said to do, man you are good

OP
OP
AF_Hemi

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
alright so where should i put the lights? I couldnt find a place to mount them in. I like their current spot, so maybe i could just duct tape them to the leaf springs? Then i get best of both worlds -- leaf springs maintain integrity and i get the spot i want :********:

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i like them where they are.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
nice. i'll get right on this!! lol

Dude those springs flex And thats the reason I don't like it. Regardless they were not designed to be a mounting bracket. If it works , great, if it falls off cuz of flexing, that would be what I was concerned with. I'm no structeral engineer, just keeping an open mind, not trying to be a nay sayer either.
I hope it lasts, really. Just don't use all the duct tape, shiloh needs some for that stroker kit of his.......:birgits_tiredcoffee

OP
OP
AF_Hemi

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
let the leafs flex.... i dont care. at the extreme end there they will only articulate maybe 1/2". I left some slack in the wiring so flexing wont be a problem at all. They're very tight so any vibration or movement from the leafs most likely wont cause any slipping from the light. and even if it does, i'll just reaim and retighten.