new package arrived today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemi1300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Not 100% sure how to answer that, but will try to explain better. I have the recon smoke tails, just spliced right into the two pos and neg reverse wires right before the reverse socket plug to the tail light, had to separate the wire loom a bit to get easier access to the wires. Used the splice taps from any auto store that u just insert both wires in and crimp down with pliers. These can be removed pretty easily with no harm done to the existing wiring, except for a little missing insulation where it bites through. Have used them quite a few times and they seem to work good. Hopefully that makes sense. Might re-install mine this week anyway, removed it to mount my license plate bar type backup cam, but thinking I can put the license plate light back on and just mount the cam directly above the plate against the lower backside of the bed. This way the cam would be directly under the tailgate and would not be visible at all. I'll have to try it out, not sure if the cam would have a clear line of sight this way, but man do I miss my license plate light

OP
OP
02blkram47

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That makes sense. I have some l.e.d tails I just put on as well and I wanted to make sure I didn't do something wrong to them that's why I was asking if you spliced in before or after the place where the tail lights plug into. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

GeorgiaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hell I would go right to the trailer plug wiring if you got it, that would be a lot closer.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Here's a pic of mine, very bright!! Had to remove it to install my license plate backup cam though

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Soooooo, is it for sale? :********:

hemi1300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Soooooo, is it for sale? :********:

Nope, actually figured a way to rig it up with my backup cam, and just re-installed it. Now the backup camera definitely has enough lighting to see very clearly behind me at night lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk