Oracle LED kit - Depo vs OEM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsurmanek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have stock OEM headlights on my 2008 1500. I want to paint the housings black and add the Oracle LED Halo kit. My lenses are a little scratched (not very deep). I could probably sand/polish them back to great condition. Also, I'm concerned with how long spray paint will hold up on the housings (I live in Arizona, the sun does some serious work on paint out here). My thought is that if I buy new headlights that are already black, the lenses will be even better and the black will hold up, not to mention saving me a ton of work.

Is there any way to buy black headlights with the Oracle LED kit already installed?

Where can I buy new black headlights that will fit the 08 Ram Oracle LED Halo kit? (and how much are they?)

Thanks in advance!

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
AAC (Oracle) sells premade lights. They should be able to set it all up and done. Or, eBay the black lights and do that up!

OP
OP
D

dsurmanek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i saw that, but they're crazy expensive. $200 headlights and $200 Halo kit, yet they charge like $750. $350 for labor? Im just wondering if I find black depo headlights, will they be the exact same size as OEM? (I want to make sure that the Oracle kit I get fits) Also, where is a good place to find black Depo headlights?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
i saw that, but they're crazy expensive. $200 headlights and $200 Halo kit, yet they charge like $750. $350 for labor? Im just wondering if I find black depo headlights, will they be the exact same size as OEM? (I want to make sure that the Oracle kit I get fits) Also, where is a good place to find black Depo headlights?

you are paying for the rings.......as they are the only ones out there that are made to fit those lights. $200 for the headlights isn't bad. $200 on the halos, thats standard. $350 in labor? Errr.......well, thats a bit high, well, a lot high.

Be aware that the Led kit will be dimmer than a CCFL kit.

if you are comparing AAC's ccfl vs their LEDs, the LEDs will flat out blow away the CCFLs.

OP
OP
D

dsurmanek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
you are paying for the rings.......as they are the only ones out there that are made to fit those lights. $200 for the headlights isn't bad. $200 on the halos, thats standard. $350 in labor? Errr.......well, thats a bit high, well, a lot high.

That's exactly what I'm saying. $400 in parts, and they are almost doubling that for the total cost of the headlights. I can't justify paying $750 for non projector, non HID headlights. I just want black headlights with Oracle LED rings.... and im willing to pay a bit more for somebody else to do it, but $350? That's practically robbery! Any advice?:Frustrated:

OP
OP
D

dsurmanek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
any more ideas? even if i can just buy black Depo Headlights I would be happy. Just can't find them for the '08

OP
OP
D

dsurmanek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
wait.... is spec-d the same as depo?