Oval step recommendation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saetun

Reaction score
Ram Year
06 1500 Quad Cab Big Horn
Engine
4.7L
Hey all. Would like to buy a set of nerf bars for the Ram. Have a 5 year old who would really appreciate them!!! I like the look of the OEM oval style & was wondering if anyone here could steer me in a good direction. I've been checking the local craigslist nearly daily in hopes someone might be selling their stockers with no luck so figure I'll go with the aftermarket. Single father & finances are tight, so that's also a consideration. Afraid to break down & buy from Ebay for fear that they are absolute junk. Feedback & recommendations are really appreciated.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
sometimes you can find oem on ebay for a good price. Also there have been some listed here in the classifieds....don't know about right now though.

When i had my 05 i got oem ones off ebay for just a little over $200 shipped.

OP
OP
Saetun

Saetun

Reaction score
Ram Year
06 1500 Quad Cab Big Horn
Engine
4.7L
I would definately prefer the OEM, but also just hopped under the truck & no captured nuts & if I remember correctly the OEMs attach using factory installed captured nuts. Has anyone overcome this problem. Guess I'm putting the carriage before the horse considering I dont have the steps in hand, but it bay be a determining factor in whether I hold out for the OEMs.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i had an 05 daytona with the running boards and took them off and sold them. Later bought the oem nerf bars and they bolted on with the hardware that came with the neft bars with absolutely no issues.