Passenger front headlight is out.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exilous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright so I had the stock headlights in and for some reason the front passenger headlight and parking light went out. I changed the bulbs, nothing. i swapped the connectors from one side to the other and they worked on the driver side but not the passenger side. when i turn the parking lights on or the regular headlights on with the switch it says lamp out. But all my bulbs on the entire truck work fine. I seem to be getting power to the connecter, i took my test light grounded it and checked the 3 pins, and the first on the right would blink, the middle would be a solid light and the left would be extremely dim. Then i put on the high beams and the first pin on the right would be extremely dim, middle would be solid light, and the left would blink. Am I missing something here? I've read on other places online that when the passenger side headlight and parking light goes out supposedly the TIPM is bad. Is there any truth to this? I've tried rolling the key to pull the codes but I have no codes listed. Oh also instead of driving with the headlights on I will drive with the foglights on instead and it still says lamp out. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance guys!

tak1973

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same issue on my 04 2500. There seems to be an issue with the TIPM. I fixed mine by removing the fuse box under the hood, pulling off the TIPM, cleaning with some electronic cleaner and replacing with some dielectric grease. Haven't had a problem since then. Good luck!