Plasti dip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHDuckHunter8003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 5.9
I'm going to plasti dip my badges, grill, grill inserts, chrome bumpers and rims. The chrome rims that came on the truck when I bought it are a little pitted and rusted, nothing too bad. I was just wondering if that will affect how the plasti dip adheres.

Attachments

• rim.jpg
    rim.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 23

HEMIBjörn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, plastidip is actually pretty good when it comes to covering scuffs and marks. You just have to make sure that
1. Surface is as clean as it can be. Make sure to remove rust as much as possible
2. Surface is As dry as it can be (water tends to collect where it's most difficult to see - edges, crevasses, make sure it all dries good)
3. Build up layers. At least 4 suggested

Let me know how it goes! I've seen it done, but havent done it to my truck yet.
Plastidip is great when done properly

OP
OP
N

NHDuckHunter8003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 5.9
Okay thanks for the help. As long as it covers it up ill be happy. I'm not picking with wheels or how good they look under close speculation. It's a truck. I know cleaning them is wicked important but do I need to sand the chrome to rough it up or will it adhere to the chrome fine?

HEMIBjörn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh don't sand it. That's the whole thing about plastidip is you don't need to do all the prep like for regular painting, except for a good clean.

BeastieBoys21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going to plasti dip my badges, grill, grill inserts, chrome bumpers and rims. The chrome rims that came on the truck when I bought it are a little pitted and rusted, nothing too bad. I was just wondering if that will affect how the plasti dip adheres.

I dont know if the plasti-dip will fix that gash in the sidewall :signs8::joke:

Im looking to do the same thing...chrome inserts and badges :happy160: