plastidip rims?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
lol, and if you pick 'em up up north, i can swing by and check 'em out before pics get up on the forum. lol.

OP
OP
Davy120

Davy120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
very true lol but new tires wont be on my list for while lol prolly not till after xmas

ForeverACountryBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 V6
I Plasti Dipped mine. Theyre holding up good. Can be washed,powerwashed,etc like everyone else said. Mine seem to be holding up good through the weather and minor off road use. Just make sure you protect your paint on the truck from the over spray. You dont really have to cover the tires if you dont want to because it will fall off the tires over time any ways from the rubber expanding. And just make sure to do the first coat light. Theres plenty of vids on youtube. The more coats, the better. I think i did like 7 on mine.

Here's my setup llol
SDC10069.jpg

When you dipped you rims, did you just spray over the lugs as well? And how was the wear on the lugs when you take your wheels off. Also how did the dip edge hold up between the rim and the plastic cap? Im getting ready to do mine later this week and was curious if it would be better to take the wheels off or leave them on the truck.

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When you dipped you rims, did you just spray over the lugs as well? And how was the wear on the lugs when you take your wheels off. Also how did the dip edge hold up between the rim and the plastic cap? Im getting ready to do mine later this week and was curious if it would be better to take the wheels off or leave them on the truck.

I would take them off, otherwise you would have to tape around youre brakes and all. plus you can get behind the plastic cap and get a good coating. And im pretty sure it wont hold up to the lug nuts when you take them off, the lug nuts fit tight enough in a socket already so the plasti dip will just make it tighter