Question about Fog Lamp Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fatwombat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi what else??
Okay so someone provided me with OEM fog lamps off a 2003 Dodge ram. I have no light bulbs or wires. Just the fog lamp housings. Now I heard the SLT RAMS have the fog lamp wiring already pre-installed. I was just wondering how to install the fog lamps and a part list. I know I need a switch, bulbs and what else. Wires?? Thanks for the help in advance.... :)

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
might need to get the computer flashed as well to get it to work.

good luck to you!

OP
OP
fatwombat

fatwombat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi what else??
Okay what if I just connect them to a on off switch

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
02-05s dont have to have the computer flashed for them to work. 06s-08s do have to have the computer flashed. The only other things you need (if your truck is prewired) is the harness that connects each fog light to the plug under the fuse box area and the switch.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
d'oh! Thanks for the correction Caleb!

OP
OP
fatwombat

fatwombat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi what else??
So I been looking... What I want is to put the fog lamps in and use a switch not factory. So I can turn them on and off when I want. Now Shadow is the wire at my local dealership and how much?

OP
OP
fatwombat

fatwombat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi what else??
I need part names or numbers. Cause searching this sucks. I feel like I have more missing items than I thought.

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I been looking... What I want is to put the fog lamps in and use a switch not factory. So I can turn them on and off when I want. Now Shadow is the wire at my local dealership and how much?

When I did this to my old truck I just got a switch off ebay and then got the harness from my dealer. The harness was about $45 and the switch was like $15. I would go this route cause its a lot cleaner and you don't have to run a bunch of wires.

OP
OP
fatwombat

fatwombat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi what else??
Okay so let me get this straight. If my truck has wires pre-isntalled which should have the wiring for the fog lamsp and the wire to the switch. All I would need is the switch then correct. Since I should have the fog lamps wires going from the lights to the relay to the switch inside the truck.... Please correct if I'm wrong and let me know if I'm just plain being retarted:crazy:

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Okay so let me get this straight. If my truck has wires pre-isntalled which should have the wiring for the fog lamsp and the wire to the switch. All I would need is the switch then correct. Since I should have the fog lamps wires going from the lights to the relay to the switch inside the truck.... Please correct if I'm wrong and let me know if I'm just plain being retarted:crazy:

That's correct. If you already have the wires that connect the fog lights to the pre installed wires then you only need the headlight switch. Do you have the plastic bezels that go around the fog lights? Cause the ones you have on your truck now wont work.