really bored so i did something:)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I kinda wish it would rain.......I want to see how my butyl tape will hold up for headlight sealing. From what I read, its a hell of a lot better than RTV.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
the way I figure it, its a SOLID "bead", nowhere near like RTV where you can get air bubbles and crap in there. Easier to put in too. Only thing that is "weird" about it - you smoosh the light into it......and it just comes back. Its in there, and stuck, but its weird to wrap your head around.

OP
OP
powerhour

powerhour

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 and 2019 Classic
Engine
5.9 CTD and 5.7 Hemi
thanks guys for the input! :> i had a little set back with the headlights....the primer i used didnt like the paint i used and it started to bubble and the primer turned to goo.....soooooo i had to sand the wholeeeeee danm thing its taking forever! but oh well now i can do it better/sober:p i started painting the headlights after a few drinks hahaha and there where a few flaws and thats not good enough hahaa

OP
OP
powerhour

powerhour

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 and 2019 Classic
Engine
5.9 CTD and 5.7 Hemi
Looks good. I kinda like the black badges, its different and goes with the flares.

i try to do things different, normally doesnt work out haha and thanks.
yeah i was thinking about doing the steps and fuel door andddd the clearance lights too, and maybeeeeee lightly tint the headlights with the eyelide but ill play around and see, i dont want to over do it haha

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been thinking of lightly spraying the headlights but I'm scared that the vht kinda splatters more tgan an even coat, so if u did it lightly it would look patchy

If people had spare heads I would buy a tinted clear and do it buy I'm not gonna buy it just for mine

OP
OP
powerhour

powerhour

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 and 2019 Classic
Engine
5.9 CTD and 5.7 Hemi
i had no problems with splatter on my tails but that would suck if it happene on the headlights!
Update.....head lights are all sanded and a fresh coat of paint, only got to sand and paint a few more times then hopefully it will be ready to go back together

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Looking good bro, don't let the mild setback get you down---just keep working on them headlights. Looking forward to seeing them on your rig.