Rear end rub noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corndigity07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 07 1500 4x4 starting having an issue with the rear end recently. When I accelerate from a dead stop the rear end is making a rubbing noise and it feels like the axle is shifting on one side. I checked all the wardware and everything seems tight. Any ideas on what it could be?

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 07 1500 4x4 starting having an issue with the rear end recently. When I accelerate from a dead stop the rear end is making a rubbing noise and it feels like the axle is shifting on one side. I checked all the wardware and everything seems tight. Any ideas on what it could be?
Have you checked your brakes? If a caliper is seized it could cause something like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

tcstevenson04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Clutch pack in limited slip. One of the plates broke apart. At least that's what happened with my 05

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Bigguy45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Clutch pack in limited slip. One of the plates broke apart. At least that's what happened with my 05

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
X2 a plate or the clips that hold them in are broken

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk