Recon's Installed and a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Say is there a way i can put Clearence lights on a 1500?

yes, same as you would put them on a 2500/3500. there is a wire harness in the passenger A pillar. just have to drill holes in the roof and mount the lights.

personally, i feel that clearance lights dont belong on half tons. seems out of place to me. but to each their own right?

OP
OP
ramhunter9

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
:) Looks good Dave. How about a Pic of the roof in daylight? I'm jelous you have Hobby Time, I've been running around as a Taxi Driver and can't get time for anything.

Because of your cab Light Idea, I did manage to order a complete Mopar OEM Cab Light set-up for $87.10 at the Dealer and will upgrade to the Recon Lenses later from Duane (OEM's were 124 Plus Ship on your site).

So what else can i copy from Ya....LOL..:grd:

Here is a day light shot

6ee503ae.jpg

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
i've been asked many times if i have a 3/4 ton. i respond "Does it LOOK like i have a solid front axle!???" i suppose the height and no badging along with tow mirrors might make it difficult to tell unless you really know what you're looking for. that being said, i think cab lights would look just fine on lifted 1500's w/ tow mirrors

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Ramstrat has them on RamIt and they look like they are right at home on there...

OP
OP
ramhunter9

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Thanks Guys , I took the door lights off . Anyone want them PM me . My truck is just to long for them . Would fit perfectly on a QC

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
The recons look alright, your right about the hight thing, it would look much better on a much lower truck, my 2 cts.

Boo Radley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 5.9
I'm not a big fan of the cab lights. I don't have them on my Mega CTD and wouldn't want them unless I had a dually - where they are required by law. In my opinion anybody else is just playing 18 wheeler truck driver.

I bet I put two to three sets on at the dealership a month. Its always for some kid in his teens who comes in with his mom and her credit card to pay for them and put them on his truck with 22" wheels and 33" tires. so that probably has me against them more than anything else. I can't stand fad mods and cab lights are really becoming a fad lately.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I'm not a big fan of the cab lights. I don't have them on my Mega CTD and wouldn't want them unless I had a dually - where they are required by law. In my opinion anybody else is just playing 18 wheeler truck driver.

I bet I put two to three sets on at the dealership a month. Its always for some kid in his teens who comes in with his mom and her credit card to pay for them and put them on his truck with 22" wheels and 33" tires. so that probably has me against them more than anything else. I can't stand fad mods and cab lights are really becoming a fad lately.

I can understand that, but I also remember stock furd 150's and cheby's putting them on as a added feature. Prolly for the semi feature, I think they got away from it actually starting in the late 70's. But it does add some pop to any truck, maybe lighter ones more than darker. I know mine would look terrible imo.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
To each their own. I like'em on laid out duallys.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
^^ hey what did you do too my truck!!!^^ It's all white!!! I just bought that damn thing, and it was red when I bought it!!! lol.

OP
OP
ramhunter9

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler

I did the lights for a few reason .
Because I can , And like the look
It really shows off the lift , on how high the truck sits .
And the more light the better .

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Time for a bed roll bar with some KC daylighters ontop.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Guess they skipped a few years with that panel. I have it on my 98 but I thought they moved it all under the hood. Lights look great dave!! I 2nd daytime shots.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
After seeing it again, Dave, It looks like ****, Time too sign over the title too me. I'll take care of that truck for ya! No Worries, I'll even leave the lights on! lol.