Reduce Blind Spot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mopar969

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do not tow and I have the sporty mirrors on my 04 quad cab short bed 2500.

This is the second time this has happened. I went to switch lanes and could not see the tiny car and almost ran over them. Do the towing mirrors reduce blind spot. I have read on here mixed opinions some say yes others ay no they just help you see around the front of the trailer to the back of it.

Will the blind spot be reduced if the mirrors are left up instead of folded in the down inward position?

OP
OP
M

mopar969

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a reduction in the blind spot with the tow mirrors vs the non tow mirrors?

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With both the proper setup of mirrors on my truck, and those stick on mirrors I have no issues. Now, my Audi, that thing has tons of blind spots. But using the proper mirror setup helps reduce this.

You don't need to see the side of your car/truck in your mirror, trust yourself, it's there! You want to see further out...

OP
OP
M

mopar969

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, so buying the towing mirrors will not reduce my blind spot even if I ride with them up all the time?

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The tow mirrors won't automatically help unless you set them properly too.

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
I always set my mirrors in my vehicles so that I can just see thr edge of my vehicle in the edge of the mirror, never had a problem seeing things next to me

OP
OP
M

mopar969

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay so, it is all about setting the mirrors up correctly. The extended towing mirrors do not reduce the blind spot they just help you see further back.

Am I correct now?

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes, sort of. They let you see down the sides of a trailer that is wider than your truck instead of just looking at the front corner of the trailer. You can still have blind spots with them without a trailer if they are not adjusted properly.

OP
OP
M

mopar969

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the video. Much appreciated it did the trick I am hoping!! Thanks again.

Hemi5speed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have tow mirrors and i leave them up, I don't have any blind spots. My trucks got a 5" lift and 35s and I can see all the little cars and motorcycles.
You said you don't tow, but I don't have any blind spots while towing either. I don't tow anything over 20'. I imagine with a bigger trailer it might not be so simple.

Danielrod61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 300mm Broadway rear view mirror that helps me see blind spots as well. I can see so much more with it.