Replace Lights and new paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nesto1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
Ok guys I need some help! I recently came into some money and I'm planning on fixing up my truck.

First I would like to start off by replacing my front lights. I don't know if I should do anything special or just try to get some OEM look-a-likes...
For the fog lights, I was thinking about keeping them stock with these right here
Edit: I just found these as well that I like.
For the headlights I was thinking these smoked lamps, or the OEM style lamps.

Now on to the new paint job. I was thinking about getting the truck painted a metallic black but I'm not entirely sure just yet. I'm not even sure if I'm going to get it painted period but there's a high possibility that I will.

I'd like every ones input and opinions on the lights and paint job. Should I stick with what I said I want to get, or are there other lamps and colors that might look good?

Last edited:

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have lights like you found in your second link, but I am NOT a fan of amber corner lenses, so I went with clear corners. I bought mine from P.S. Team on eBay for less than $80 shipped.

Below is a pic of my truck with them installed:

photo12.jpg

If you go with the smoked ones, the pic there is kind of decieving and I would really suggest an HID kit if you decide to go with them.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
What condition is the truck in right now? If it doesnt "NEED" new paint, then I wouldnt spend the money on it...especiI also wouldnt recommend black. Black paint is very hard to keep up with, especially when done at a shop. Factory clearcoats are usually much stronger and more forgiving to hairline scratches.

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
black is a *****...thats all there is to it. when its clean it looks great but it never lasts long. i just washed my truck a couple days ago and it looks filthy already. morning dew was all it took...

OP
OP
Nesto1000

Nesto1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
I don't have any pics atm, but I'll post some tomorrow afternoon but it does need a paint job pretty bad. I didn't come into that much money for a hemi. I have about 2 grand and my dad is going to help me pay for the paint job. Or so he says, which is why I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to get it or not haha

+2 on the BLACK CLEAR 02-05 DODGE RAM PICKUP TRUCK CRYSTAL HEADLIGHTS LAMP LEFT+RIGHT PAIR as well as no more smoked lights since I don't really plan on getting HID's

So no to black then? I'm fine with that. What color would you guys recommend? Should I keep it the original flame red?

Thanks for the inputs so far! I greatly appreciate em!

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the ones texasrammer posted/ smokedram has. I was going to get the same ones for my black 05 at one time. Depending on how much you want/have to spend, custom lights from retroshop could be an option too.

I agree black is a b#tch. After owning my 05, I said I'd never have another black vehicle. Mineral gray would be a good color to go with.

OP
OP
Nesto1000

Nesto1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
I might get those headlights then... and I'll check out retroshop as well but I don't really want to spend too too much.

I'll consider that color. When I went to get an estimate, the guy was telling me about a dark pearl blue color and a dark red color. Like cherry red on the 96' Impalas I believe but I wasn't feeling them too much.

I also found some old pictures! They're not that great quality but I'll take some new pictures tomorrow if I can. Also the clear coat is stripping on the hood that was re-painted by a dealer but I don't have a picture of that right now.
95q43.jpg

aj1bp.jpg

g1rgr.jpg

ftgfk.jpg

shvgp.jpg

4szia.jpg

zte5q.jpg

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I wish I could touch the prices on some of those! I only carry the OEM looking ones (for sale, non retro'd stuff) - and $80 shipped is hard to beat. Big difference though, I don't know what brand they use. I've had them all for the 02-05s...........the TYCs that I stock are VERY hard to beat. Guess there's a reason body shops use them for factory replacements. :D

80 for a no name (who knows what you'll get) or 95 for a proven one with a lifetime manufacturers warranty. :D

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
I wish I could touch the prices on some of those! I only carry the OEM looking ones (for sale, non retro'd stuff) - and $80 shipped is hard to beat. Big difference though, I don't know what brand they use. I've had them all for the 02-05s...........the TYCs that I stock are VERY hard to beat. Guess there's a reason body shops use them for factory replacements. :D

80 for a no name (who knows what you'll get) or 95 for a proven one with a lifetime manufacturers warranty. :D

GFORCE any good?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
never heard of them.

OP
OP
Nesto1000

Nesto1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
Hmmm... I love that find Kyle! I think that that's what I'm gonna go with.
Or maybe JJ's TYC's. I can't decide between stock or the cool looking ones! haha

Also I have a question about your HID Fog Lights JJ. The site says that they are plug n play. At the expense of sounding like an idiot, does that mean that I don't have to do anything special like with headlight HID's?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
bingo. just plug 'em in. :D

they arent computer controlled - so a little easier going!

OP
OP
Nesto1000

Nesto1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
Haha sweet. I think that I might go with your fog lights then.
I assume that the lamps are as great quality as your TYCs?

Also what kind of customizations can you do to the headlights? And what's the price for your awesome services?

Edit: Nvm, it costs a lot more than what I'd pay for to paint the lights. I think that I am gonna go with your OEM Style headlights and HID Fogs

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye