RUST please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red_ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 05 is starting to rust through on the bed above the rear tires, any advice on how to repair? Id like to do the body work myself, and have the truck professionally painted. I do not wanna do an Hack n pack repair, id like to put in new metal. But I'm unsure how much to cut away from the rust spot and how to flush out with bondo.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My first advice would be to see what ashops will paint after you do body work. Reason why I say this is because I did my body work and every shop near me will not touch it since they didn't do the body work. Only two places said they will, 1 being MAACO other a Mom and pop shop who is charging the amount it would of cost me to have a shop do my panels plus paint.

You can order arch panels online, I would use as much of the panel you get even if your cutting into good metal. Get a weld through paint and paint the inside of the panel before welding it in place.