Said goodbye to the 20's today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well after having the black 20's for a while & having 20's for 4 or 5 yrs now I switched back to 17's. Sold the 20's to a guy I work w/ who has a white qc. They looked good on his truck. I also sold my rt wheels to a guy w/ a badass yellow rt. He bought them for dr's. Also took my dr's & 255/50's off & no more dr's for full time use. Sold the 255/50's to the guy that bought the rt's & the dr's will get mounted on my other chrome rims. The dr's were very fun for street use but it was just tearing them up pretty quick. I have only put about a 1000 miles along w/ track passes & they are about halfway gone & I have had them since July. I'm going to miss driving on them though thats for sure.

I put my old 275/60's from 5 yrs ago on my aluminum rims for street use. They are pretty big for my 5/8 drop but I like it b/c I have had the low profile 20" tires for so long that I forgot how it looked & drove w/ a lil meat on there.

Here are some pics....I know, I know...the chrome bumper needs to go lol

IMG_6381.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

IMG_0570-1.jpg

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did anybody tell you that the chrome front bumper needs to go? J/k man truck looks good!

OP
OP
Gary's Hemi

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did anybody tell you that the chrome front bumper needs to go? J/k man truck looks good!

Just about everybody on all the forums since I chunked the srt 10 bumper in the trash a year ago lol

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just about everybody on all the forums since I chunked the srt 10 bumper in the trash a year ago lol

Shouldn't have thrown it in the trash, I would have took it off your hands for you lol. Truck looks great man!!

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I think the chrome looks better than the SRT........on Gary's truck anyway.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The chrome is fine. The black bumper cover would look good red imo : )

OP
OP
Gary's Hemi

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the chrome looks better than the SRT........on Gary's truck anyway.

I do to. The whole truck needs to have some paint work done. Ask Ben & Jordan how bad the paint is on the truck up close. My truck was parked right next to Jordan & Ben's trucks last night at the track & theirs were all nice & shiny & mine look sickening. I plan on putting the truck in a body shop sooner or later & getting the paint freshened up & getting a sport bumper put on it. I'm just waiting to do it so it will all get done at once

I hated the srt 10 bumper at the last when I had it. It was too big for a truck dropped 5/8, it stuck out, didnt fit the truck, poked out like a knife & looked 16 yr old ricer type of goofy.

I was going to get the paintable top plastic piece & paint it red & leave the rest of the chrome bumper like on the slt trucks but thats just as expensive as the sport bumper

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I have never been a fan of the SRT bumpers on the reg 1500's, they just dont flow right. The one I got on mine IMO doesn't look near as bulky and and flows a little nicer. The 17's with the meatier tires look nice on your truck droppped like that. What sixe were you running on the 20's?

OP
OP
Gary's Hemi

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have never been a fan of the SRT bumpers on the reg 1500's, they just dont flow right. The one I got on mine IMO doesn't look near as bulky and and flows a little nicer. The 17's with the meatier tires look nice on your truck droppped like that. What sixe were you running on the 20's?

huh? lol

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Damn phone, what size tires were you running on the 20's

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Good looking truck....

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I do to. The whole truck needs to have some paint work done. Ask Ben & Jordan how bad the paint is on the truck up close. My truck was parked right next to Jordan & Ben's trucks last night at the track & theirs were all nice & shiny & mine look sickening. I plan on putting the truck in a body shop sooner or later & getting the paint freshened up & getting a sport bumper put on it. I'm just waiting to do it so it will all get done at once

I hated the srt 10 bumper at the last when I had it. It was too big for a truck dropped 5/8, it stuck out, didnt fit the truck, poked out like a knife & looked 16 yr old ricer type of goofy.

I was going to get the paintable top plastic piece & paint it red & leave the rest of the chrome bumper like on the slt trucks but thats just as expensive as the sport bumper

Can't you still paint the top plastic piece? b/c I know with my old s10 I had a plastic piece color matched to my truck. My uncle did it and he said all he did was lightly scuff it so that the paint would stick..

Other than that Awesome Lookin TRUCK!! I do like the chrome bumper.