soft vs. hard tonneau????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
if ya ask me, extang is the walmart brand of bed covers. i was not impressed with them at all -- very cheap materal and worksmanship. wouldnt surprise me if it was the whole bedrail that got scratched, but i dont know.

For those that are saying you cant lock a soft tonneau, its not the case. The Access covers all lock. The tailgate has to be opened to unlock the tonneau. Granted a knife could get through it, but its still out of sight and lockable.

OP
OP
J

jmoore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
alternative....?

>>if ya ask me, extang is the walmart brand of bed covers. i was not impressed with them at all -- very cheap materal and worksmanship. wouldnt surprise me if it was the whole bedrail that got scratched, but i dont know.<<

What would you suggest then as an alternative to something like the Extang Trifecta? I'm looking moreso for no hardware on the truck, no damage to the truck, ease of installation/removal, & good water-resistant seal. I guess I'm looking for the Neiman Marcus as opposed to Walmart/Target/K-mart, etc.:):):)

TIA
john

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
If you are looking for a hard top cover you want one that rests on top of the bed rails and does not go around the sides. Every hard top cover I have seen that went over the bed rails scratched the **** of of the paint. Thats one of the good things I like about the ARE cover I have as it sits and seals ontop of the bed rails instead of going over them, so no scratches. It does go over the tailgate too so you cant open the tailgate without opening the top.

kay9

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
xxxx
Engine
xxxx
x2. Me being an example.
If you are looking for a hard top cover you want one that rests on top of the bed rails and does not go around the sides. Every hard top cover I have seen that went over the bed rails scratched the **** of of the paint. Thats one of the good things I like about the ARE cover I have as it sits and seals ontop of the bed rails instead of going over them, so no scratches. It does go over the tailgate too so you cant open the tailgate without opening the top.