Stainless braided brake lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
so we are looking to do a 6 inch lift on my buddies truck. similar to mine. on y truck my brake lines have just enough legnth to keep them safe so i am not worried to much. he has the same truck as me, so for street his will be fine. his concern is he will be going off road way more than i take my truk off the pavement.

so i have done a little research and found that they do not make a steel braided brake line for our 1500 2wd. but they do make a steel braided brake line for an 02 (same year as his) 4wd. will the hoses from the 4wd kit fit on our 2wd truck?

are there any other options?

does anybody know of a brake line kit for our trucks?

thanks in advance!

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've never really payed attention to the brake lines but if there an fittings on both ends could you just order the length of line you need or If its just straight tubing just flare the tubing end and put an an fitting on just a thought

OP
OP
LS5DodgeRam

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
Thats what I was thinking to because the brake hoses you can get at advance are just tubes and thats about it

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The company you're getting the lift from should include longer hoses.

OP
OP
LS5DodgeRam

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
no rough country does not make them. the reason being is silram is looking to do a one inch spacer on top of the 6 inch lift. thats the reason he wants the hoses. once we figure it all out then i may be doing the same thing.

OP
OP
LS5DodgeRam

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
silram1500 called dodge today and found out the part numbers for the 2wd and 4x4 are the same parts! so therefor the steel braided lines for 4x4 will fit the 2wd as well.