Stronger front axle shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OhYou_

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know if they make stronger axle shafts for a ram 1500?

I snapped one this weekend, and I'd rather not just put another stock one in if its just going to break again.

Part number is C205F, its just a 6 inch shaft that sits in between the diff and the half-shaft

Jamesq87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ifs right? When I pulled up that part number, that's what showed up. I'm not sure of any stronger ones but if you off-road, I would consider a solid front axle swap from a 2500 or a 1500 megacab. Just my 2 cents.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
2006 Ram 1500 SLT Megacab
5.7/auto/4wd
2" lift,33's,minor exhaust tweak. (For now)

OP
OP
O

OhYou_

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, IFS.
Didnt know the 1500 MC had a solid axle.

I do off road a bit with it, but mostly faster trails, desert style. It was the first time I tried rocks with it, and it snapped almost immediately. Looking at the break, its all porous and looks like it was made of cast iron...
There's definitely room for improvement.

Problem is that aside from OEM, there's only cheap aftermarket ones
And for what that's worth, I could just go to a junkyard and pick up about 6 OEM ones for the same cost.

Jamesq87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, IFS.
Didnt know the 1500 MC had a solid axle.

I do off road a bit with it, but mostly faster trails, desert style. It was the first time I tried rocks with it, and it snapped almost immediately. Looking at the break, its all porous and looks like it was made of cast iron...
There's definitely room for improvement.

Problem is that aside from OEM, there's only cheap aftermarket ones
And for what that's worth, I could just go to a junkyard and pick up about 6 OEM ones for the same cost.

Yup. I think it's the 2wd megacab that doesn't use it. Rocks will definitely do damage. I've seen it all the time on video clips. The truck does fine on everything else then it gets in rocky areas and *snap!*

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
2006 Ram 1500 SLT Megacab
5.7/auto/4wd
2" lift,33's,minor exhaust tweak. (For now)